1.

Rosaleen's POV

The rumbling of the dark sky loomed overhead as I rushed down the streets of central London. As always the sky seemed to be disagreeing with the originally planned weather. Sunny sky's with a 5% chance of rain? The day the weatherman gets the weather in this city correct on a consistent basis, will be the day my best friend will stop leaving her phone at my flat when I ask her to sleep over. So it's safe to say both things will never happen. Seeing as I am currently on my way to deliver Maisie's phone at her new job.

Just a tad bit more and I'll be there... but the only thing worrying me is the fact I didn't bring an umbrella and a hoodie paired with leggings is not exactly rain attire. Maisie will never hear the end of it if I get drenched.

A few minutes later I stood in front of the tallest building in the area I was in and looked at the sign hanging above me. 'Holland Enterprises' was the first thing to greet you when you lay eyes on the place. I made my way inside and instantly regretted wearing a hoodie and leggings. Everyone around me was dressed in suits and professional clothing, making me stick out like a sore thumb.

I approached the woman at the front desk and gave her my best smile. "I'm here to deliver something personal to Maisie Harris."

The woman looked up at me with a smile and nodded her head. "You'll need a visitors pass which I can give you and just please make sure to consult with Mr. Holland's secretary before you approach Ms. Harris." She scanned a pass on her computer and handed it over to me.

"Thank you... And what floor is Mr. Holland on?" I asked as I clipped on the visitors pass.

"The 70th floor, at the very top. Take the elevators on your left and it'll open up straight to his own waiting area." With one last polite smile I made my way to the elevators and up to the 70th floor.

As I exited the elevators, I took Maisie's phone out of my pocket. The woman sitting at the desk, who I assume is the secretary, looked at me with a seemingly forced smile. "Can I help you?" She questioned as I moved closer to her desk.

"Yes I need to see Ms. Maisie Harris... she's Mr. Holland's new assistant."

"Alright you'll need to wait or I could just-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Maisie walked in with some folders in her arms and plopped them down onto the secretary's desk. "Mr. Holland asked for all of these to be reviewed and to be determined whether or not it's worth his time. He'll be leaving in a few minutes so make sure there's personnel waiting for him with an umbrella and car ready."

The secretary nodded at everything Maisie said and gestured over to me. "You have a guest waiting for you. With something urgent it would seem, since she came all the way here."

Maisie turned to me and finally acknowledged my presence. "Rose!! What are you doing here?!" She exclaimed as she hugged me even though we saw each other not even 2 hours before this. I dangled her phone in front of her face. "I came for my usual duty. Delivering your phone every time you come over at my house. I swear it's purely intentional now."

She smiled at me and took the phone. "Always a life saver thank you! But you should really get going my boss will be leaving for some business. We should catch some dinner after I'm off of work yeah?" 

"Yeah sure just text me. I'll leave now since you need to get back to work, see you later Maisie."

As soon as I turned around a man in a suit walked into the room. "Ms. Harris, I need to review my schedule for tomorrow before I leave. And who might you be?" His last words were directed to me.

"Rosaleen White. I just stopped by to give something to my best friend here. I'll be leaving though, nice to meet you." And with that I walked quickly towards the elevator. He was attractive but also intimidating. Not a good mix. But his aura makes me assume he's the famous Mr. Holland everyone is always raving about. I waved at the three people just staring at me in disbelief at my exit, as the elevator doors closed.

The moment I was alone I let out a breath I was holding. How does Maisie do it in this environment? I'd rather stick with my modeling job than work in this strict environment. I got out of the elevator quickly and made my way to the front, dropping off my visitors pass in a black box that ordered me to do so.

Making my way out the glass doors I stopped mid step. Pouring rain was slamming against the side walk as I stood under the small entrance canopy the building had which was the only dry place outside. How was I going to make it home in this weather?? I'd drown before I got anywhere. That was a tad bit dramatic but you get my point. I let out a sigh and pulled up my hoodie. Today is not my lucky day.

I prepared myself to go into the rain when a dark shadow appeared above me. I looked up and was met with a black umbrella; the man holding it was a tall and lean man. He was buff enough to show signs of working out, and his cheekbones looked sharp as hell. He was almost like a real life carved statue but too perfect for my taste. He was wearing sunglasses in this weather but still managed to give off a scary vibe. He ended up being the first to speak.

"Mr. Holland has instructed me to lead you into the car. He has a matter he'd like to discuss with you and he'd like to drop you off since walking in this weather is not the best thing. This way please..."

He what??? What does Mr. Holland want to discuss with me? I met him for a total of 10 seconds and even left in a hurry. But the ride through this rain was extremely tempting and the car waiting outside was extremely nice so it won't hurt to accept a ride from a famous CEO.

"I accept, Mr...."

"Cumberbatch. Benedict Cumberbatch. Right his way Ms. White. Mr. Holland will be joining you shortly."