7.

Rosaleen's POV

"Alright so first I'll give you a tour of the house, then I'll give you all of his information to study!" Mrs. Edwards' voice bubbled out with a sort of contagious happiness. I smiled to her sweetly and followed her closely as she led me through the house.

As she showed me the different and elaborate rooms the mansion had, my phone buzzed with a text from 'Cutie CEO'. I rolled my eyes with a smile and opened the message.

Cute CEO: So how's the tour going? :)

My heart skipped a beat at his message. Nope. No. Rose, you're the one that said no strings attached. That little skip better not have been any sort of attachment. After arguing with myself for a few seconds, I proceeded to write Tom a response.

RW: You have quite the large house Mr. Holland! I'm pretty sure I'll still get lost but Mrs. Edwards is an amazing tour guide. I'll have to study your files soon tho x.

I really hope he didn't think the x at the end was a flirty move... actually maybe I do hope he sees it as that. I shook my head and finished the house tour with Mrs. Edwards.

As we returned back to the kitchen she took a large folder from a locked drawer in the kitchen and handed it to me. "That's all you need to know about him. It includes his hobbies, childhood stories and other small things you should know as a fiancée. If you need absolutely anything please don't hesitate to ask. On top of the fact you're the only girl Tom has brought home, this is also your house now." Mrs. Edwards smiled warmly at me and squeezed my shoulder. "Now I'll make some lunch soon so make sure you relax a bit before then and you can read those files after lunch, darling."

"Thank you for everything Mrs. Edwards. I'll go freshen up and I'll be back down before you know it."

I can't repeat it enough that she is the sweetest woman I have ever met. My phone buzzed once more with a message.

Cute CEO: If you need any more information, you can study me as well ;)

I stopped right before the staircase and gaped at my phone. Is this the Tom Holland I've spoken to the past two days? This does NOT sound like him at all oh my god.

RW: uh... I don't want this to end up like 50 shades of gray, Holland.

My phone buzzed almost immediately with multiple messages.

Cute CEO: THAT WAS BENEDICT I AM SO SORRY. PLEASE DON'T THINK I WANT YOU LIKE THAT.

Cute CEO: NOT THAT I WOULDNT WANT YOU LIKE THAT.

Cute CEO: I'm digging this hole so deep for myself aren't I...

Cute CEO: I don't judge you if you want me dead. I apologize profusely. :(

I covered my mouth to cover the laughs that spilled out of my mouth. I decided to leave him hanging for a few agonizing seconds as I entered my room. He's honestly so cute. My first impression had always been that he was a stern business man but he's a typical 23 year old man.

As I sat on my bed I decided to finally message him back.

RW: it's alright lmao. I'll have a strict talk with Benedict as soon as I can >:)

*** ***

A couple of hours later I cuddled up on a couch in the lounge and proceeded my intense study of Tom's background. By intense study I mean often having to reread certain things a few times because it wasn't registering. I wasn't bad at studying at all when I went to school but this was very textbook style. It would be so much easier to hear it come from his mouth instead but... that is most likely impossible since he has work for most of the day. Maybe speaking to someone who has known him for awhile will be better than reading all of these files?