10.

"I have so many questions for you, Rosaleen! I'd love to have a girls day out and we can get to know each other. You are, after all, the first partner Tom has introduced to any of his family."

A normal fiancée would agree to hang out with her future mother in law. It's actually something I've always been excited to do when I really do get engaged. My role is a normal fiancée so...

"That would be lovely, Mrs. Holland. I'll make sure Tom sends you my number so we can arrange something."

With a satisfied look, Mrs. Holland extended both her arms. "Welcome to the family and please call me Heather."

I exchanged a quick friendly squeeze with her and pulled back to return to Tom's side. Heather excused herself with a last promise that we would hang out soon and wandered off once more. It was suspicious she hadn't questioned as much as I would have thought. Then again this isn't the appropriate setting or circumstance to have that type of conversation. I should prepare instead for our meeting.

"Well... it seems like my mother is excited about you. I'm surprised she didn't bombard you with questions." Tom said with a grin as he swiped two glasses off of a passing waiters' tray.

"I wouldn't let my guard down yet. She'll probably get all the scoop when we hang out.." I took a sip of the champagne. It was amazing quality of course.

"Ah... you're on high alert. Good. You can't really trust one person in this room... except Ben and I." He sent me a wink. I'm glad I'm doing so well. Honestly it's not hard to act in love with someone as attractive as Tom. Especially since I've been so well prepared.

"Where is Ben anyways?" I asked as I scanned the room trying to look for Benedict. He's always attached to our hip when people are around so I wonder where he's gone.

Tom looked around and whirled his drink around before drinking the rest of the champagne in one gulp. Pretty much like a shot. I looked at him quizzically as he shot me a weird smile. "He's... on a date at the moment. It's their first date so I let him have the rest of the night off."

Is he nervous? Or is it just my imagination? Anyways, Benedict with a girl?! This is some good tea why did he keep it from me I wonder?

"Who's the girl?-"

Tom cut me off by shushing me and leaning into my ear. "Andrea is coming this way. She looks angry."

I groaned, before turning and meeting a very pissed off Andrea with the fakest smile I could possibly conjure.

She took a sip of her wine before pointing at me aggressively. "WHO are you to be stealing MY future fiancé?"

I blinked slowly and shook my head as I looked at her confused. "What do you mean YOUR future fiance? You guys aren't even romantically involved why would he...?"

Andrea stomped her foot in her bundled up rage. It was literally the image of a child throwing a tantrum. Rich brats really have lessons to learn about the real world. I shook my head at her, since she just stood there in her brewing silence. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Tom step forward.

"Andrea you're causing a scene. You know we weren't ever going to get engaged so please leave my fiancée alone."

Andrea looked from Tom to me and clenched her left fist before flicking her right wrist. Splashing all of the contents from her wine glass onto my ironically wine coloured dress. A few gasps sounded around us as a few people watched this unfold. Followed by the situation bringing more people's attention to us. I looked blankly down at my dress. A dark stain clung to most of the top part of my dress and wine dripped over my chest.