3.

Tom's POV

My fingers brushed atop the silk ties as I pondered on which one to choose. I should go with a red color similar to Rosaleen's dress... It would make us look very put together.

I grasped a tie that matched my memory of her dress and began to walk out of my room as I tied the tie. Benedict was sitting on a couch in the lounge looking at some papers as I stepped off the last step of the staircase. "Anything important?" I asked, referring to the papers he was squinting at.

"We need to find you a fiancée and quickly." Was the only thing he said as he continued to read through the papers.

"I know we do but I haven't found anyone fit for the role. I don't intend on marrying someone that is only after me for the money. It would prove to do more harm in the end rather than help my situation." I looked at the large mirror in my living area and made sure I was looking my best. After I was pleased with what I was looking at, I sat down next to Benedict.

"Well if you don't find someone quickly then the inheritance won't go to you. Next thing you know Claude could marry someone and steal it from you."

"My father's will prevents him from ever partaking in the inheritance, does it not?"

Benedict gave a sigh and handed me the papers he was looking at. "According to this it doesn't matter whether or not he was in your father's' will or not. He is still in your grandfather's will. Which means he can take the inheritance along with the power your grandfather had, and establish himself as CEO. Meaning you would be thrown aside and everything you've built these past two years as the CEO, would be taken away."

My eyes frantically scanned the paper as I looked for a loophole. My brother cannot become the CEO of the company under any means. If he wants the post as CEO it's only because of his horrible addictions to illegal activities. It sounds silly but with the power he would achieve he could corrupt all of London's business markets.

"With that being said, the will states that you only have to be engaged for at least 6 months. So I suggest beating Claude to it and finding someone tonight. Even if it's someone that has to fake it. Although I think that Ms. White could be the person you're looking for... If she does a good performance tonight." Benedict stood up from his seat and made his way to the front door.

I looked back at the paper and put it down on the coffee table. Rosaleen does seem to be the only woman I know that I feel I could possibly trust enough for that role.. Seeing as I studied her full background and anything I could find before getting ready for the party. Which sounds a bit weird but I needed to make sure she didn't have a complicated background for the party tonight.

I followed after Benedict and got in the car. I'll hopefully be able to feel sure about asking Rosaleen for a favor to be my fiancée. Even if it's only until I get the inheritance, then she can go on and live her life. But Claude can't receive this under any means necessary.

                                  ***      ***
"Seriously, 'Cute CEO' is your option for a contact name in my phone?" Is the first thing Rosaleen greets me with as she climbs into the car and sits beside me. I smiled at her forwardness.

"I thought it was clever."

"I would've expected something more bold and less fluffy from you. But it's alright I guess." She said with a smile and met eyes with me. My eyes raked over her appearance and I swear my breath hitched at her beauty. Something about her just drew me in. She had done simple makeup but with a bold red lip color along with simple wave-like curls to compliment her face.

"Eyes off the merchandise." She whispered to me as she noticed I had been staring. I turned to look out the window and away from her as I felt the tip of my ears getting warm. "Didn't know you were merchandise open for sale." I muttered as I checked my phone to make sure everything was taken care of.