18. Selfless, Brave, and True

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

"Breakfast in bed? Seriously?" Emma questioned as she noticed David fixing a tray of breakfast foods to bring to Snow who was still laying in bed depressed.

Emma was a bit cranky and annoyed because, for a week now, her twin sister has barely said a word to her since their argument at Granny's.

Astrid hadn't even left out of her own bedroom, except to go to the bathroom or go do whatever in the woods or hang out with her nephew.

They knew and understood that Astrid was still hurting over losing Hiccup again and even losing Cora and not having Hook around; Emma also knew why her sister was upset with her.

"What happened has been really hard on Mary Margaret." David began, "The least we can do is make sure she's eating."

"I think it's time to give the hot cocoa and the foot massages a rest. It's time to haul her ass out of bed and get her to move past this." Emma said.

David placed the tray down on the counter with a small thud. "That's a little harsh, don't you think? She took Cora's life." David replied.

Henry descended down the stairs and stopped to see his mother and grandfather and asked, "Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine, kid. Get your coat." Emma replied, "And Astrid?"

Henry shook his head and said, "I knocked on her door and she didn't answer... I guess she already left here earlier this morning."

Emma sighed inaudibly and nodded somewhat. "We're gonna be late."

"Bye, Gramps." Henry said while grabbing his jacket and then headed out of the door.

"I know you think that she needs our help. But at the end of the day, she's the only one who can help herself." Emma told David while sliding her own coat on.

David nodded and followed her to the door as she exited and closed the door behind her; He closed his eyes, one hand on the back of the door and sighed quietly.

"Good morning." Snow spoke up as David turned around and smiled a little at her and replied, "Hey. I made you some eggs, but if you're craving something else, we can go to Granny's. Unless you have other plans."

He watched his wife pack a few food items in a bag as Snow commented, "I thought I'd head out to the woods, actually. I need to think things through."

"Let me come with you." David said.

"David..." Snow began, "I need to do this alone. And you have things to do. I know you've been looking forward to working the bean field."