Closer

= Chapter 6 =

Casper’s POV

I’m so nervous. What if someone sees him here?  He’ll never live it down, but I can’t exactly chase him off he has to finish his project.

I start pacing. The doorbell rings.

“Hey Casper!”

“Uh hey,” I check outside to make sure no one is watching and grab him to pull him in.

“Whoa okay,” Ryker looks shocked as I shut the door behind him.

“So where do you want me… To sit I mean.” I stutter the last bit, I am officially an idiot.

“Um… In whichever room has the best lighting.”

That would be my bedroom, the only room upstairs other than my bathroom, that pretty much has windows as walls.

“Um that would be my bedroom, but the kitchen has relatively good lighting as well if you’re not comfortable with that.”

“No that’s fine.”

Is he blushing? Normally I’m the shyest person in the room; I guess the tables have turned.

Ryker’s POV

He leads the way upstairs and I can tell why he said his room had good lighting; most of the walls are covered in windows.

He grabs a chair and places it in the middle of the room, then digs around in his closet, looking for something I suppose. I grab another chair and turn it to face the one he set up. I slowly unpack my things when he speaks up.

“Found it!”

He brings over an old easel.

“Here you go.”

“Why do you have this?”

“I take art, mostly sculptures but hey,” he shrugs.

“Oh cool.”

He takes his shirt off again, visibly more uncomfortably than he did in the art room.

“You okay?”

“Yeah just feels weird I guess,” he smiles a little.

Suddenly I get an idea.

“Here,” I say taking off my t-shirt, “any better?”

He laughs, “I guess it’s slightly less awkward.”

We chat a lot while I draw and it’s a lot less weird than I thought it would be. We have a relative amount in common and the more we talk the less I see Casper as his body and the more I start to see him the way I first did, sweet, lost, intelligent and altogether lovely.

He has the most brilliant little smile, it doesn’t come out often but when it does… Wow. He also knows a lot and is very logical about things, he explains why he had to model for Mrs Dell to keep his art grade an A (apparently the school didn’t like his mock sculpture of their mascot). His mom is in prison, but he won’t tell me why. I told him about my parents and how they’re always overseas taking photos and being hired to paint or draw people all over the world and how they always bring me cool little things from everywhere they go so my bedroom looks more like a world-wide souvenir shop than the place I sleep and spend most of my time in.

By the time we’re done talking and drawing it’s late.

“Hey do you want to stay over?” He asks shyly.

“Um…”

“I just thought that… seeing as its late and all and a few of my friends are coming over…”

“Uh… Yeah actually,” I smile gratefully, “I haven’t really made any friends yet, other than you, so I’d really like to get to know more people.”

“Awesome!”

“I just don’t have any clothes…”

“I can lend you some; I think we’re sort of the same size.”

He’s actually a quite a bit smaller than me but I nod gratefully anyway. This sounds like it’s going to be fun.

A/N

Next Chapter will be out soon! I'm very excited for it, I hope you are too. It's going to be loads of fun and might finally lead to something happening between Casper and Ryker ;) Also Chelsea shall reappear. Whoop.

Thanks thanks

Bye xx