Gaining The Reads

Writing can be easy - well so long as you don't have a writers block! (how to overcome it will be a chapter in the near future...) but the main thing that comes with having a book and writing something is the knowledge that people are actually reading it. 

We all want and appreciate when people read our books and have a response to it; but sometimes it can be quite hard gaining reads for your book.

So in this chapter we'll cover some of the essential tips we can use to gain more reads.

To start us off, the first tip I always keep in mind when writing is having that unique touch. Anyone and everyone can write - but having that sparkle and your unique touch can do wonders. People will get to see the writer in you and recognise your style. So it's always important to focus on your uniqueness when writing. It honestly does wonders.

The second factor is having a descriptive introduction. As much as we don't admit it but we always judge a book by its cover and then the second thing is the description of it. The trick to this is adding enough description to your work. For example, talking about your characters feeling. Expressing their emotions to day to day things. Making it as relatable as you can. The more description you add to your story - the more it will attract readers and it'll get more views. This way it'll help you improve as a writer as well as your books.

The final tip that there is to having a successful story is your own willingness and interactions

The final tip that there is to having a successful story is your own willingness and interactions. In the past few chapters we have covered topics of having a plot. A unique idea and even adding cultures to your characters but the most important thing that you should focus on is talking to your readers. 

To gain more reads you need to engage! 

For example, whenever you update a chapter and see a comment, reply back to it. Not only does this allow you to get to know your readers but it also makes them feel special and mostly it allows them to know that their thoughts are appreciated- which they are.

The more you interact with your readers the more your books will be read, because people want to come back to the books where they know the author talks to them, listens to them, laughs and cries with them... 

With the new feature of tag ranking - it gives many newly released books the chance to be read by everyone. So get typing away and make sure to engage with all your readers and even thank them for reading your book.

Let us know what your tips are and how they have worked for you...