- Chapter One: Home -

The morning sun casts a soft glow down on the 1967 Chevrolet Impala as raven hair whisks about in the warm breeze.

"Crap... wrong decade... since when have people been interested in listening to classical music on the radio?!" Kristina glances to Jack with an amused smile tugging at the corners of her ruby lips as he continues to fiddle with the small car radio. After a few more moments, he finally sighs in defeat and leans back in his seat.

"I find classical music rather relaxing, I'll have you know"

Jack smirks at her words, "Old people usually do, don't they." With no words uttered, Kristina turns the beethoven tune up and continues to speed down the road, passing by the Mystic Falls sign as she does so.

Home.

I suppose some would call Mystic Falls home for Kristina, she had returned through the years to the boarding house. Looking up at the manor she felt a warmth tugging at her, consuming her completely. Yes, this was her home.

"Are we gonna be entering the house at any point or-" Jack is cut off by Kristina stepping up to the door hesitantly.

"Here goes nothing" she mumbles to herself as she pushes the door open and enters.

"Bloody hell, Kris. It's huge! You've been holding out on me!" Jack calls from the living room in awe. Before she can utter a response, she is slammed against a nearby wall, the breath being temporarily knocked out of her.

"Kristina?"

"Hi, Damon." his grip loosens as he steps back, "You shouldn't be here, why are you here?"

"Damon, everything all right in here?" his eyes find Kristina's as she remains stood in the corner of the hallway, Damon merely stepping away. He too seemed displeased by her sudden appearance, making no effort to approach her.

"Kristina? Why are you here?"

AUTHORS NOTE:

Please leave leave feedback in comments if you wish. Also, please vote if you enjoyed this short chapter.

Thanks for reading!