- Chapter Five: Little Vampire -

Klaus chuckles, "you're foolish not to fear me, little vampire."

I roll my eyes "I'm more afraid of that girl over there than you" he smirks as his eyes darken in nature.

"That will be your mistake" he growls as he lunges for me. I move out the way grabbing him by the arm as I do so, I twist his right arm behind his back as I kick his legs out from under him.

"Is that all you got?" he spits as he gets on his feet and turns to face me. He grabs me by the neck tightly as I weakly try to fight his grip "now I'll rip your head off as I did your little friend" he smirks as I growl.

I let my inner wolf take control as I grip his hand pulling it from my neck, his expression becomes confused and angered by my action, I merely smirk as I throw him against the bar. I stride towards him confidently smirking, "you can't be as strong as me, its not possible!" he shouts in fustration and anger as I pick up a chair leg.

"Excuse me?" I turn to the owner of the scared voice, the brunnette stares at me, "that won't kill him" she points to the chair leg I'm holding.

"Oh, I know this will allow me to momentarily hurt him" I grin as I turn back to my prey, he stares back at me with confidence. Just as I'm about to strike I'm gripped from behind, "Kris, stop fighting me." Damon growls as his grip tightens.

"No, Damon, you stop fighting me!" I throw him over my head on his back as I step towards a now standing Klaus with a smirk.

"Who are you?" he asks.

I smile darkly, "your worst nightmare."

I lunge forward only to be caught in Elijah's death grip, "he is not worth it, Kristina." he whispers.

"Don't let the hate control you. Jack wouldn't want you to risk your life trying to avenge him." he meets my eyes, the calm within his eyes enveloping me as I stop fighting. He see's that I no longer wish to fight so he releases his grip completely.

"I didn't need your assistance, brother." Klaus' voice is cold but there is a hint of something else within it.

Elijah sighs, "I disagree with you, Niklaus. She is more powerful than you'd ever understand." Klaus turns sharply to face Elijah as I glance to Damon who is checking the girl over, she must be Elena.

"Is that because she is a hybrid?" he looks to me, "I only have one question, love. How?"

I huff in annoyance, "like I'd tell you, if I had it my way you would be headless right now." I growl as I pick up a table and throw it at Klaus earning a stern look from Elijah.

"Okay, I'm done now." i shrug with a smirk.

Klaus growls as he stares me down "be careful, love. Might just lose a heart." I scoff.

"Wish I could say you have one, at least then I'd have something to rip from your chest."

I take a step forward as Elijah attempts to stop me, "quit it, Elijah. I need a drink." I roll my eyes as I move his arm and head behind the bar grabbing a bottle of vodka, everyone watches me.

"Hello, Elena. I do wish we could have met on better terms." I smile to her before downing back the vodka bottle, she smiles back.

"No, no its fine. I'm sorry about your friend." I look down sadly, "yeah, me too."

Elijah appears beside me taking my hand, "walk?" I nod as he leads me to the door. I glance to Klaus who is watching mine and Elijah's hands with an unreadable expression. He looks up and meets my eyes a smile playing within his blue eyes, I simply drop my head as I follow Elijah outside. As we step onto the concrete paving outside, Elena and Damon also emerge from within the grill.

"I'm gonna walk Elena home, don't wait up" he smirks at Elena who rolls her eyes. "Damon, shut up." she demands making him chuckle.

"Be careful, baby wolf." I groan as Elijah looks confusedly to Damon, "Baby wolf?" groaning I reply, "don't ask."

I grab Elijah's jacket as I pull him down the street towards the woods.
As we walk through the woods a comfortable silence falls between us, "how have you been, Elijah?" he smiles sadly.

"For a while I was trapped in one of those dreadful coffins daggered, then I spent the rest of my time hunting Klaus. I teamed up with your brothers to kill Klaus when he broke his curse."

He drops his head, "and clearly you couldn't bring yourself to kill you own brother."

He glances to me, "no judgement here, don't worry. I mean Damon can really piss me off but I could never kill him." he smiles.

"Thank you for understanding" I nod.

We continue our walk as I take in my surroundings, "why did you leave me in the 1920's? Why did you head to florida?" his voice is unsure as he asks this question.

I take a deep breath "I was looking for Katherine."