Chapter 7

I stare in shock at the woman before me, clearly something is wrong with this picture.

"Not to be rude but shouldn't you be a rotting corpse right now?" Rebecca chuckles as she envelopes me a hug.

"It's lovely to meet you too" their mother's voice is soft and calm which makes me even more uncomfortable.

"Sorry that was rather rude of me, my name is Kristina Salvatore, i'm a close friend of your children"

She looks me over "and by that she means, she slept with Elijah and caused mayhem in New Orleans with me" Rebecca grins as she nudges me.

"Esther Mikaelson. It's a pleasure to meet you Kristina" i nod smiling as Elijah stares at his mother with suspicion, he clearly also feels she is up to something.

As i look back to Esther i notice she is looking me over with a almost invisible scowl, clearly she doesn't like me. I roll my eyes internally at her arrogance, who is she to judge me within seconds of knowing i even exist?

I excuse myself, deciding it best to go home and leave the family to reunite, no one wants to overastay there welcome, especially when its with the Mikaelson family.

As i open the door i hear Rebecca giggle from behind me "where do you think your going?"

I roll my eyes with a grin "heading to an even bigger mansion with even hotter original vampires, i thought that was obvious" i turn to her with an even bigger grin.

"Sounds fun, can i come?" she smirks sarcastically as she leads me to the dining room filled with a small wooden table, a huge fireplace and a beautiful grand white piano.

"Your not going anywhere, i haven't seen you for what feels like forever" i roll my eyes chuckling.

"Well you have been daggered in a box for a hundred years" she scowls.

"Exactly! Which means im in dyer need of a legendary girls night! lets get pampered!" she buzzes with excitement as i shake my head in protest "over my dead body"

I stand to leave only for her to appear in front of me with a smirk "stop protesting, its only a girls night"

I sigh "your lucky i feel bad for you, i mean you do look like your in desperate need of a makeover" she playfully nudges me as she claps her hands in excitement. I giggle at her immaturity just as she runs off shouting out various things she needs.

I sit at the grand piano as she disappears up the stairs, letting my fingers grace over the keys before finding the right tune, i play the tune of can't help falling in love. I let my fingers do the playing as i sing, enveloped by the beautiful sound of the piano i dont notice the second prescence in the room.

I play the last chord smiling brightly "you have a beautiful voice" i jump at the sound turning to the person in the room.

"Klaus, i didn't think someone as cruel as yourself could appreciate music" he chuckles as he stares into the fire holding his glass of bourbon.

"I enjoy the fine arts love, a person's artistic talents can often define them" i smile as i hear Rebecca approach.

"You are so full of it Nik, stop trying to impress her, she is already interested in our brother 'lijah" i shake my head chuckling "sorry to break your heart Rebecca but that is over" her face drops into a frown as she glares at me.

I glance back to Klaus who is staring into the fire with a deep frown, his knuckles are white from the tight grip around the glass of bourbon in his hand.

"Please tell me you are joking?!" i sigh knowing she isnt going to be happy with me.

"We talked it over becca, he understands that i want something exciting. I'm not in love with him anymore, i guess i want an everlasting love that im passionate about. I want him to find love too, i care about him" by now Klaus has seated himself beside me as his fingers play random chords.

Rebecca frowns at me "i thought that you and Elijah were destined for eachother" i shake my head with a sad smile.

"No not really, i think we were destined to fix each other so that when we found our one true love it would be everything we had ever imagined" Klaus chuckles "true love is a myth little wolf" i roll my eyes glaring at him as he meets my eye with a playful glint.

"Okay, right i'm going for a bubble bath as i need to get out of these retched clothes and wash off this hordid stench. Then im gonna give you a hell of a makeover for tomorrow, you'll have all the men chasing after you" she grins, i give her a sarcastic thumbs up as she speeds up for her bath.

Silence fills the room, i hear Elijah upstairs shuffling about in his room as Esther and her mummies boy whisper about some kind of ball. I assume Kol has gone to cause havoc somewhere as i can't hear his annoying little cocky voice.

I watch as Klaus continues to attempt playing the Pour mon âme, a beautiful french opera ballad. I cringe at the sound of misplayed notes, i sigh placing my fingers on his as i softy guide his fingers over the right chords. I feel his eyes on me as butterflies erupt with excitement in my stomach, we finish playing the song softly, a smile appearing on my face.

I turn to Klaus who's eyes are no longer on me, rather our hands which are still interlocked on the piano "sorry" i mutter releasing his hand with a blush.

"You have an exquisite taste in music"

I smile "i have a passion for it, i once wanted to be a singer but i never felt confident enough for it" i chuckle to myself.

"Who would have thought that a hybrid like myself would have self confidence issues? Jack always encouraged me, even offered to be my backing dancer" i smile sadly feeling the tears gethering, i take a deep breathe as i dont let them fall.

"Why did you kill him? what did he do that was so awful?" i look up as i feel the anger and sadness rise, Klaus doesn't meet my eye as he speaks.

"He did nothing truly worthy of death, i was angry with Elijah for interfering earlier in the day. Your friend just happened to make a comment regarding you 'kicking my ass' as he put it, i snapped causing me to rip his head off without as much as a second thought. I truly am sorry" he finally meets my eyes, sincerity held within his.

I believed him, he had never apologized to anyone that i knew of. He clearly felt a little guilty for what he had done, it wasnt enough to bring Jack back but it was a start to being forgiven i suppose.

"Thank you for your apology, im trying to forgive you Klaus. It will take time" he nods as he stands.

I watch as he stands in front if the fire once again staring deeply into the flames, "how did you become a hybrid?" his voice is calm but curious.
I sigh knowing that his mother now knows of this too, now i truly could be in danger.