Chapter 1

Ruby's POV

I never thought it would get more demoralizing than this... Not only am I being sold as a pet, but I'm in the discounted section. Since I was captured at 16 and sold to master Val, the pet shop owner, no damn vampire seems to be interested in buying me.

I mean maybe I should be thankful. At the age of 23, I am still untouched and fully intact. The pets I see being returned or resold look lifeless. The bite marks and bruises scattered on their slim figures is truly depressing.

I'm somewhat of a shy person. Thus, I don't exactly fight back, which seems to be what vampires look for in a pet I guess. I don't socialize much with the other pets in the store either. However, I do somewhat like talking with master Val. I once had a crush on him. He's nice, tall, and well-built. Unfortunately, it didn't last long when I saw him drain the blood out of an old pet. That old wrinkly pet might be me one day...

"Hellooo" shouted Val.

"Oh yes hi hello...sorry" I replied quickly.

"You shouldn't zone out so much, try chatting with other pets, Zoe is friendly." He said as he grabbed me from my cage and locked me in Zoe's"

Great, now I have to spend an hour or so with ow so experienced and wise Zoe. "Welcome to my humble home sweet thing, come sit next to me and let's talk about what being bitten feels like and how to make it less painful"

Oh god please send me anyone just anyone. I would rather have my blood sucked out of me instead of sitting for another minute listening to the pet life guru Zoe.

It wasn't long until the store's tiny entrance door bells started to twinkle and a very tall figure dressed in black was greeted warmly by master Val.

---------------------------------------------------------
Lorcan's POV

"Lord Lorcan, welcome to my humble shop! Please allow me to escort you to the pets I know you would like."

"No"

"No?"

"I'm bored with always buying the feisty ones, as you can tell...they don't last long with me."

"Well then I guess we could have a look at..."

I diverted my attention to scanning all of the available female pets, as Val kept on rambling about his best pets.

"What about that one?"

"Who? Ruby? I don't mean to be rude but, my lord do you really wish to buy from the discounted section?"

It's true that true bloods, such as myself, think too highly of themselves and enjoy spending and living lavishly. Nonetheless, I didn't really notice the section. All I saw was a slim female with long black hair trying to hide behind another pet but still glaring at me with fearful icy blue eyes.

Normally those that don't show much of character are boring to me and not as fun as scrambling pets with big mouths. The latter usually create a very entertaining show until I get fed up with their ill manners and drain them dead.

I gave Val a glare "bring me her file now"

"Ye..es yes my lord"

Val ran to his office and came back with a single paper that read as follows:

Name: Ruby Makianu
Age: 23
Blood Type: AB-
Virgin: yes
In-house breed: no
Positives: icy blue eyes
Negatives: anti-social
Number of past owners: 0
Number of broken bones: 0
Number of bruises: 0
Past: brought in at the age of 16
Price: $3,500 (30% discount included)

"Well I guess we found ourselves an interesting pet, get her ready with all of the necessary accessories and send her to my residence, the money will be transferred to your account shortly"

"Would you like anything specific with respect to Ruby's grooming? perhaps a hair cut?"

I could tell the more we spoke of her name, the more nervous and yellow she became. I couldn't hide my smirk, this is definitely amusing. I can tell I'm going to enjoy playing around with this one.

"No I like it as is, just clean her up. I have to leave for now. I expect my pet to arrive at 8PM sharp. Don't be late"

"Yes of course and thank you so much for purchasing from my store. Expect Ruby to be at your doorstep in no more than 2 hours"

---------------------------------------------------------
Ruby's POV

My heart was racing and I couldn't process what just took place. Was I just sold to a true blood? After seven years of nothingness I was going to be sold to the heartless and cold true bloods.

I might not chat with others much but I do hear of the horrors returned pets endured from true bloods.

With several things running through my head I turned my pale face "hey Zoe, tell me again about what being bitten feels like and how to make it less painful please"