Chapter 10

Ruby POV

My mind was going in circles and at the far end was an unknown rage simmering.

Why was I too close to losing my temper? and for what?

While my brain was still attempting to decipher what just happened, I finally decided to speak.

"What do you know?"

Saiph smiled and spoke a little too loud.

"You don't have to cry Ruby, it will get better."

Just before I could question her odd answer that didn't pair well with her wide smile, she squeezed my hands and started to sway them left and right.

I didn't understand her quick change of character and awkward playfulness.

Her actions where confusing and my facial expressions where not hiding my confusion and tense demeanour.

She continued to childishly sway my hands, but thankfully decided to talk but with an all too normal voice.

"Here come with me, lets wash that worrisome face of yours"

She got off of the bed and stretched her hand for me to grab. I was lost and if washing my face was going to help, then be it. I took her hand and followed her to the bathroom.

A tall pet with short purple hair stopped us and patted me on the head like I was an angry twelve-year-old. I guess she seemed concerned about me, yet her focus was on Saiph.

"I could take it from here Saiph, the last thing we want is another 5th rank madness because of you"

Saiph's grip on my hand became tighter.

I could feel Saiph slightly trembling but she didn't want the tall pet to feed off her fear.

The tall pet, whom I didn't notice before even though she was the only one with dyed hair, seemed to have an effect on Saiph.

"Ruby I don't think you've officially met Fida, she is the oldest residence pet"

I knew Saiph's last words were to belittle her tall unfazed enemy. However, the short introductory was not over, as the so-called Fida shot back with the supplemental information.

"The highest ranking residence pet, reserved for royal vampires only, Fida"

I didn't know residence pets had ranks. It made me wonder what rank was Cici, as she was always frantic and worried of the non-existent punishments that could fall over her head, if she was one millisecond late on any order.

I tried to draw a smile on my face all while not attempting to let go of Saiph's hand.

"...nice meeting you, I'm Ruby"

"I know who you are, I just hope you know who you are trusting"

Three knocks at the door and everyone went silent.

Two knocks and the room was a mad house full of deranged humans running around hysterically to sit on their respective beds as politely as possible.

Saiph didn't let go of my hand and pulled me through the wild mess to quickly push me on my bed and run for her bed.

Everything happened in an instant and all the girls were now on their beds, breathing heavily and studying the door, waiting for the next noise to come.

I couldn't help but focus my energy on the door with the rest of them. After around a minute or so, the door opened revealing a pair of dazzling female vampire twins.