Chapter 9

Ruby POV

I was back in the pets' room all changed and ready to be requested any moment by my master. Cici helped me get dressed in a short sleeveless faille lavender dress.

After getting adjusted in bed, I noticed all of the pets huddling around me like kindergarteners waiting for their bedtime story.

"What?"

"Soooo how were the Mclark pets?", said a random pet eagerly.

"Do they really have a large playroom with a huge assortment of food and games?", asked another.

Now it was Cici's turn, "Are the pets always wearing jewellery?

I was surprised by the other residence's pets and their opulent lifestyle. However, I became even more startled by these questioning pets. I guess there really is something different about the Mclarks.

By the looks of their eager thirst for learning more of what I went through, I couldn't help but feed their fantasies.

I didn't have to lie about anything, indeed the Mclarks knew how to treat another soul even if of a weaker species.

"Wow, I almost forgot what cupcakes are. Just talking about them brings back so many memories", said a pet that had a thick accent and a very different complexion compared to the rest of us.

"It's not as bad as you make it sound Saiph, they hold parties here every while and you can eat all the cupcakes you want when you attend one with your master."

As usual it's Ana that is very calm and not impressed by any of what I said. I guess she might have been through more interesting experiences.

Saiph sighed and walked closer to me and made herself comfortable on my bed.

"So what's your story...", she paused and held the hanging name tag from my collar, "Ruby".

I instantly remembered her. She was the pet I first saw being brought back into the pets room when I first arrived. Her master had made a remark about my name.

Ignoring her question, I stated mine.

"Why does your master think your name is the best?"

Before she could speak, several pets sighed while others rolled their eyes. Soon after, the group encircling me broke apart and each person went back to their private matters. I guess I was striking a chord that has been sung a little more than needed.

"I don't blame them really, master Dany is sometimes too childish"

She paused and I had no clue how to carry on a conversation on something that still didn't make any sense.

"So...your master is called Dany?"

"Yes and he has a thing for what's different and perhaps hard to get...and he loves to brag about it."

Well now that she said it, she did look more exotic and indeed different.

On another note, it was intriguing to know that vampires have different personalities. One would think they were just blood sucking monsters that survived on animalistic instincts.

My parents feared them and never put an effort to learn more about them and teach me. They focused all of their energy and resources to making sure their only daughter had a great life, at least before she hit sixteen.

"Ruby.."

I wonder how accustomed they've become after seven years since my disappearance.

"Ruby!"