Chapter 7

Ruby's POV

"What makes a 5th rank a 5th rank...master"

His intense gaze changed into a slightly playful one with a grin that screamed danger. "How about I demonstrate?"

If a heart had legs, mine would have definitely run for the hills. His grin grew wider and his now crimson eyes were dancing with mischief.

I guess I just woke up an uninvited devil...

Master Lorcan didn't give me a split-second to prepare myself for what's to come as he quickly grabbed my wrist and twisted it in an unnatural angle. I screamed from the top of my lungs at his quick manoeuvring and the unbearable pain.

I did not expect that!

Damn you night-crawling monster! I was crying with my eyes shut. I couldn't bare to look at my wrist or him for that matter.

He placed his fingers on my chin and commanded. "Watch."

I can't believe my horrible luck in this pathetic shot of life. I'm degraded to a pet and sold to a blood sucking sadistic freak.

I was such a stupid sixteen-year old.

"Watch"

This time it was more than a command, and I was not planning on having another part of me twisted, broken, or torn out for all I know. I opened my wet eyes and held his gaze with fear of his next action.

He took a quick breath as if too bored with my behavior and moved his hands to my damaged wrist and squeezed.

"Please don't break it off! I'm sorry! I'll never ask you anything again please!!!"

"Silence!"

He closed his eyes and I instantly felt something pop in my wrist and the pain vanished. Out of reflex, I took my hand out of his loosened grip for a closer check up.

It looked normal. I swirled my hand to check for any pain. There was nothing. I sniffed and wiped my tears with the back of my now fully functional hand.

Master Lorcan sighed as he noticed that I didn't catch up with his demonstration...

"It's my healing powers Ruby"

I looked at him still scared of the fierce and dominating crimson pair of eyes.

Even when the car had stopped, indicating we were back home, his gaze never wavered from my figure. Only when the driver left the car did he finally speak. "Finally."

His voice was seductive and smooth. And I felt my breath even and heart calm down. Why did my body relax to his voice? I didn't take notice of my body moving on its own accord, until I felt his breath on my skin.

My hands ran through my hair and trailed down to my neck. My hands were removing my collar and I had no control over it. He raised his eyebrow interested in my bold action.

I quickly turned my fully flushed face and exposed my bare neck. The realization of my actions finally dawning on me. I was craving the delicious sensation that shot through my veins when he first bit me.

I needed to have a talk with myself for the embarrassing lack of self-control, I was raised better.

He licked his lips and welcomed the invitation. Without hesitation, he sunk his fangs into my neck. Pain rushed through my body but was quickly overtaken by the pleasurable sensation. My body was heating up all over again. It wasn't seconds until a low moan escaped my lips.

I guess that was his last strand of self-control. One of his hands quickly ran through my back and was moving with purpose until I felt my back being exposed.

Maybe that was my calling, because my senses switched from pleasure to alert. The hands that were once messing with his soft locks of hair were now working at best to push him off of me.

He quickly removed his hands and fangs and looked at me. At that moment, I saw a different side of my master.

His crimson orbs were filled with disappointment. I was confused at his reaction. I didn't know if he was disappointed at his lack of self-control or my rejection for what might have been more satisfying than a bite.

I was still speechless to what took place. The bite wound was still open and I felt a fine line of warm liquid tickle my neck.

Master Lorcan somewhat back to his senses approached my neck once again. I flinched as I felt him lick the trace of blood that was about to run down to my cleavage. He followed the blood with his tongue till he reached the source and licked the wound shut.

I wondered if all vampires could close their bite marks with a lick or maybe it was just a 5th rank thing.

He released my neck, looked at me and raised his hand waiting. I nodded. With a faint smile, he brought his hand to my back and zipped my dress up.

His light honey brown orbs were now back on full display. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. "Do not think too highly of this."

I didn't know how to process what took place or if I had the ability to just let it pass. However, for now I had to supress questioning thoughts and simply nod.

"Put your collar back on."

I grabbed the collar that sat on my lap and placed it on my neck. I fixed my hair and looked back at him. I was slightly hurt to notice that he had opened the car door and was on his way out. I grabbed onto his hand and I didn't care if I was going to get punished for touching him without permission.

"Thank you"

He turned his head and looked at my small hands grasping onto his much larger one. Just when he was about to say something, I quickly completed my statement.

"Thank you for telling me, a mere pet, of...of your gift"

Maybe he was expecting me to thank him for something else, because what followed was a slight frown overshadowed with a blank face.

"I enjoyed your screams, maybe arm braking will be more interesting"

I just gulped at his reply. I guess my cold master is back.

I stood now behind him and followed silently into the Brothorns residence.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi lovelies! I hope this chapter was interesting. So now we know the 5th rank has the power of healing. What about the other ranks???

Stay tuned till next time ;)