chapter viii

-Sophia's POV-

Today 6:07 PM

zach☺️
-Hey, you ready?

-yeah, almost :)

zach☺️
-Okay cool I'm waiting outside

-okayyy i'm coming!

I quickly put my phone in my purse as I walked down the stairs. "Mom, I'm going! Don't wait up for me. Love you!"I yelled, swinging the front door open.

I hopped outside and saw Zach in his car, intently on the phone. He looked up and smiled at me through the glass.

I got into his car and greeted,"Hey, love!"

He replied,"Hi, Soph. You look beautiful. I mean, you always look beautiful but still. You look very beautiful tonight."

I giggled at his nervous stuttering. "Thanks Zach,"I smiled, feeling myself blush.

"So, I thought we should could go to the movies. I really wanted to watch Infinity War,"Zach admitted, starting his car and backing out of the driveway.

"Oh my god, I love Marvel! I'm obsessed with all of those movies,"I gushed.

Zach smiled, glancing over at me. "Me too. I didn't know you were into that kind of stuff."

"Oh, Zach. There is a lot you don't know about me,"I smirked.

He chuckled and nodded, keeping his eyes on the road. "Hopefully I get to learn a lot about you tonight,"he said.

We talked all the way to the movie theatre. Once we were there, we got out and went to get our tickets.

Hannah was at the booth, looking really bored. When she saw us, her face lit up. "Hey guys! What's up?"she asked.

"Hey Hannah,"I greeted.

"Finally, you two are going on a date!"she squealed, clapping her hands together.

Zach chuckled, shaking his head. "Yeah, finally."

"Let me guess... Infinity War?"Hannah predicted, making me smile.

"Yes ma'am,"Zach replied, pulling out some cash.

Hannah waved him off. "Hey, no worries. What's the point of having your friend work here if you can't enjoy some free movies?"she said with a wink.

"Thanks Hannah! You're the best,"I grinned, taking the tickets.

We walked into the theatre and sat in the back row. As the lights dimmed, Zach put his arm around me. I snuggled up against him as the movie started. We were both super engaged in the movie, occasionally whispering about what was happening. We got a little too excited seeing Spider-Man which had us in fits of laughter for a long time.

Once the movie ended, we walked out of the theatre completely shocked. "Wow, I hate Thanos,"I grumbled as we got into Zach's car.

He chuckled and said,"It's okay, Soph. Nothing happened yet."

"I want ice cream,"I mumbled, putting my seatbelt on. Whenever I'm in a bad mood, I always want ice cream.

Zach suggested,"How about we get some ice cream and walk around the park? We can get to know each other better."

I smiled and nodded. "That would be perfect."

We stopped at a small ice cream shop before heading to the park. The park was absolutely silent. I mean, who walks around a park at 9pm? We got out of the car and started walking, eating our ice cream.