Chapter 8: One of The Best Things I Have Been

CHAPTER 8 (This one is for you Beth)

EVITA POV

~FLASHBACK~

"Pull it back more," Zander said as I tried to focus on my target. I listened to the sounds of the forest as I made sure it was lined up.

Then I shot, my arrow zipped past the trees and landed into the red target standing in the clearing about 200 yards away from where we stood.

"You Just made that shot?" Zander asked sounding like he didn't believe it even though he saw it with his own eyes. My first Target practice was a success.

~END FLASHBACK~

GAVIN POV!
I held the dagger close to me as we walked with the rogue pack. We had to strike soon, it was us or them and I had to get back to Evan.

A baby started crying in the group behind me, I looked at the other Alphas. I had to kill them all, but we would spare the child.

The sound of an explosion sounded from the pack house as he started our attack.

~~~~~

We looked around at the piles of dead wolves, the pups caretaker. The little boy had been shielded by what we had done, but when he saw them he started screaming.

There was yelling coming from not far from here. We took the child into the trees with us preparing to attack.

EVITA POV

I ran through the trees when I smelled blood and could hear the cries from my nephew. If they touched a single hair on his head I was going to go all batshit crazy on them

"RIVER!" i yelled as i followed his cries. I pulled out a dagger as I approached the scene. Bodies piled on bodies. The people who I considered family all dead.

There was a thump behind me and all the alphas were there, hooded. With River.

"Huntress, nice of you to join us! Your too late to save your friends" one of the alphas said.

"We should kill her for what she did to all those Alphas," another one of them said. That's when I realized Rorey hiding behind them. I didn't have to tell him for him to know the plan

"Kill me, do what you want but get him to his grandmother" they looked at each other than to the kid then to me.

"Promise me, I will hand myself over" my eyes started tearing up, I deserved to die for what I had done. I had tried to change but I came back to this. What was to come, I deserved it.

They all looked at me realizing I wasn't a heartless bitch. "Can I have a minute with him, please"I begged them. They reluctantly handed him over to me as they surrounded me.

"I love you so much River, you are the son I'm never going to have. One of the best things I have been was your aunt. You won't remember me, kid. Maybe your nana will tell you about me if she isn't too ashamed" I whispered the last part but I knew they all heard.

I held him out making it look like I was taking in his appearance. But Rorey zipped through taking him. The wolves chased after him not caring about me, what they didn't know was that Rorey left River somewhere for me to get.

I know Zoey and Zander will know he is alive, they won't care about anything. they will just know their son is alive and they will come to find him when things clear over. Till then I will keep him safe

I retrieved the hidden child and was on my way. F*ck being a mate, who needs them when they are just going to cause you pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again I'm sorry its short, but its now summer and I will have more time to write.

I just needed to set things up for the next chapter so... that will be out soon

Also, go check out my other work, please.

VOTE

COMMENT

~Emma<3