11.Alistair's Story

11.Alistair's Story

Iris POV

We were sitting down in the attic. My head rested on his arm. Not having much to do we asked each other questions. I realized I haven't heard how he became a vampire.

"Alistair...",I said I looked up to see him looking down at me.

"Yes.", he said.

"How did you become a vampire? If you don't mind me asking.", I asked.

"I was born around the 1300s and change around 1320, at approximately the age of 20. I grew up in England during the turbulent reign. Edward the second,consider the weakest of the Plantagenet kings. My father was one of the barons who continually fought against Edward's attempts to limit the power of the British Peerage. Throughout my youth, my father and older brother were embroiled in conspiracy after conspiracy as they tried to protect the rights of the aristocracy while also trying to gain a place of preeminence over the other barons. I lived quietly at my family's country estate with my mother and sisters. I found no interest in my fathers schemes. I was not aware at the time, my father formed alliance with two other barons after the banishment of the king's favorite counselor. There object was to get my older brother placed in that vacated position, and thereby control the weak king. Some of the other barons had the idea, but with their own champions. After multiple betrayals on all sides, my brother was implicated in a plot to overthrow the king, and he and few others were executed for treason. The charges were mostly false , created by another powerful aristocrat with an agenda the differed from my father's. Losing his precious heir pushed my father over the edge. The baron's anger against the king became deeply personal and slightly deranged. He began plotting to actually do what my brother was executed for. He felt he couldn't longer trust his old allies. He began to explore ever darker sources of aid, becoming deeply involved with the occult. I knew nothing about my fathers designs. Me, my mother, and sisters grieved privately about my brothers death, and withdrew from society entirely. The mark treason on my family was a hard blow for my sisters, who would have more difficulty making good matches. I planned to take care of my sisters if they wished to remain unmarried. Late one night, my father came for me. I obediently went with him, though I was not allow to bid my mother farewell and I had no idea why I was needed. My father told me nothing until we arrived in London. I grew more and more concerned as my father led me through secret tunnels under the city, exchanging cryptic signs with masked men along the way. Finally, we reached a council room. Around a large round table were many minor aristocrats, some of who I knew. My father outranked them all and he was clearly in charge. He sat me at the head of the table,bolted the door and explained the plan. I listen in horror, shocked at what had became of my father. It was apparent my father was mad. The baron had plan to put me on the throne of England, and swore I would be the next Charlemagne. I tried to leave but I was restrained. The barons ranted that he sold his soul and paid an unthinkable price to make me invincible. I tried to reason with my father, to no avail. I entreated the other men present for help, but they seemed to believe the baron's story absolutely. Shortly thereafter there was a quite knock on the door. Every man in the room even the Baron, blanched. One man scurried to throw the door open. A man entirely enveloped in a dark red cloaked glided silently into the room. Everybody bowed to him. He was greeted has Astaroth. Quietly he asked for the room to be emptied. The aristocrats ran to the exit. Only the baron stayed. Astaroth thanked the baron for his offering. The baron looked sick but nodded and left. He threw off his cloak. I was surprised to see a very handsome man who hand long blonde curls and wore modern clothes. The man was not much older than me me. He laughed casually and told me how my father was mad, but that it was true I could be king if I wanted. Astaroth gave me a couple of pointers : stay out of the sun, and don't attract much attention. Of course I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he bit me and wished me good luck. When I was completely transformed , I found myself surround by a large group of terrified peasants. Unable to restrain myself, I slaughtered most of them. My father step in trying to explain what would happen next. I was furious him and horrified what by what I had just been threw, followed by the murders I just committed. I shoved my father out of the way, accidentally killing him. I was shocked about my senses,strength, and speed. I escaped the tunnels. It was child's play. I ran back to home to find it empty. I soon realize my father gave my family to Astaroth.",Alistair said quietly.