Chapter 9

The decepticons watched in silence as their lead scientist left with the Autobot medic. Soon after their departure, the yellow scout came by, obviously with the same intent in mind, but was called over before he could do so. So, he left, but not without sending an apologetic glance in Soundwave's direction and discreetly shoving a small hardened energon cube into the thin digits. As soon as the young mech was gone, Starscream unleashed his disdain.

"Eating out of an Autobot's servos, are we? How disgraceful." He sneered, red optics flashing dangerously in the dim light.

Soundwave did not respond, digits carefully curling around the small scrap of fuel to conceal it from sight. The spy doubted that the Autobots would like it if they saw him holding it. The lack of reply only seemed to aggravate the agitated seeker even more, as his claws flexed in a desperate attempt to claw at the restraints holding them together.

"And you're not the only one." The seeker's tone was scathing as he glared in the direction the medic and Shockwave had vanished into. "Our lead scientist, following an Autobot like a loyal pet. Oh, how the mighty have fallen."

"Starscream." Megatron spoke up for the first time that evening, a silent warning present in his tone. The seeker fell silent instantly, turning to glare at the pristine floor beneath his pedes.

"Shockwave believes that the medic may prove to be an ally." Dreadwing rumbled with a small wince, restraining himself from massaging his dented neck.

"Do you really believe that?" The smaller seeker spat, anger overruling his fear of Megatron's wrath. "He's playing us, trying to get under our plating then only to throw our trust back in our faces! He's no different than the others, neither is the scout!"

Soundwave's optics narrowed, the only sign of disagreement he could muster before glancing at the cube in his servos. Dreadwing seemed undeterred, squaring his shoulders before meeting the former SIC head on. "Even if he is trying to deceive us, two can play the game. He can prove useful to us."

"Prove useful, how? Look at them." The smaller seeker sneered, nodding toward the crowd. "They obviously do not expect us to be able to escape, given the fact that they do not care about us possibly scheming if we are allowed to stand together."

"We mustn't lose hope!" The navy blue seeker growled, using his superior height to intimidate the smaller bot. Starscream hissed, wings hiking up despite the pain it caused him as he matched Dreadwing's glare. There was a series of clicks and suddenly Airachnid was standing beside them, the stumps of her extra legs waving almost lazily behind her.

"Boys, boys no fighting." She purred, voice falsely sweet and violet optics flashing dangerously. "No fighting, I think Lord Megatron has something to say."

"And What has his Lordship thought of now?" Starscream sneered turning on the black femme who didn't even flinch, but instead sent him an almost bored look.

Megatron turned to Soundwave, servos still crossed over his chest plate and his blood red optics boring into the crowd with open hatred. "Soundwave, what do you know of the whereabouts of the Nemesis?"

The spy remained silent for a few astro seconds, clearly reluctant to speak without the use of his mask, before finally speaking up with a soft rasp. "The Nemesis: located in Central District. Current function: trophy of war."

"How unsurprising." Starscream sneered, but Megatron ignored him, all his attention fixed on the usually silent spy master. "Does it function?" At Soundwave's nod, he continued. "What of the state of security?"

Soundwave looked up at his master, field pulsing with slight confusion at the questions he was being asked. "Security level: High."

"So, they still fear that we might commandeer the ship." The warlord mused, leaning back against the wall. "Would be a shame to play right into their servos, we'll have to be careful. Soundwave, find out everything you can about the ship, but exert extreme caution, the scout may be gullible, but he is far from stupid." The spy nodded, watching as his Lord turned back to the crowd surrounding them.

"What are you thinking of, Lord Megatron?" Dreadwing asked, curiosity and rising hope easily distinguishable in his field, before he pulled it close around him in fear that the Autobots would catch on that something was happening.

Starscream looked up, slow understanding visible on his faceplates. "You're thinking of escaping, aren't you?" Megatron nodded.

"But what of Knock Out?" The four of them looked back to see Breakdown straighten up, servo curled protectively around his shaking mate. "He's already halfway through, it won't be long before he gives birth, we won't be able to formulate a plan before then."

Megatron nodded slowly, gaze thoughtful. "Then we will have to leave after the sparkling is born, however we will have to be quick. Smokescreen has already tried breeding him and as soon as Knock Out's physically able, he'll try again. Not to mention the attempts that will be forced upon ourselves."

Airachnid crossed her servos over her chest plate. "Are you saying that the Autobots might try to spark us as well?" Her armor flexed in disgust and revulsion.

"Not all of us, but I'm afraid that most of us will. I will most likely be the first to be subjugated to such an attempt." Megatron growled. Dreadwing's servos clenched At his sides.

"But what will they gain from it? I doubt that any of them want a family so badly."

"The ultimate victory." Megatron snarled, claws digging into his palms furiously as he clenched his servos. "The final humiliation of their enemy. It's a blatant show of what can happen if you oppose them."

The gathered decepticons shared a look, all of them looking disgusted beyond belief.

"I-I will not be treated like someone's prized breeding mare!" Starscream shrieked, the loud music thankfully drowning out his voice so the gathered Autobots did not hear him.

"I'm afraid we don't have a choice in the matter, Starscream!" Megatron snarled, his patience with the seeker running thin. "That is why our best course of action is to plan out an escape as soon as possible, so that we can regroup and make them pay!"

He instantly quieted however when a small, almost unnoticeable whimper reaches his audials, glancing back at the distressed medic. Breakdown was immediately alert, pressing his mate even closer and whispering soft comfort Knock Out's audios as he sent the warlord a mild glare that lost most of it's heat.

Megatron sighed and reached out, placing a servo on Knock Out's shoulder, feeling the red bot stiffen under his touch. He was not the best at comfort, but he tried anyway for the sake of his soldiers. "We will make him pay for what he's done to you, Knock Out." The silver mech snarled. "I'll tear his spark out myself and savor the sight of his frame turning to dust."

"No." Knock Out's voice was quiet, but steady as he looked up at his leader, dim red optics meeting Megatron's. "I'll do it."

"Knock Out-" Breakdown started, optic ridges furrowed on concern, but was cut off by his bonded. "No, Breakdown. He hurt me, but most importantly he threatened our sparkling. I won't- I can't let anyone else do it. It has to be me."

Breakdown frowned in clear disapproval, opening his mouth to protest, but Megatron silenced him with a brush against his field, feeling relieved at the sight of steely determination in the medic's optics. He nodded. "Very well."

As the evening went on, they planned their escape, each of them sharing whatever they knew. Anything could be useful.

Eventually, Bumblebee returned, Soundwave willingly following him away while mentally reciting every task he'd been given by Megatron.

Next was Arcee. Just to spite her, Airachnid refused to even acknowledge the blue femme as the latter tried tugging her away. A small fight broke out which ended with the black femme being pinned to the floor with the two wheeler's pede on her neck to the loud jeering of the crowd.

Smokescreen was right on Arcee's heels, visibly overcharged, and dragged Knock Out away with promises that made Breakdown lunge at him only to be stopped by the shock collar still present over his neck cables.

Megatron watched his soldiers being dragged away one by one, red optics narrowed and rage pooling in his spark. When Optimus came by, the two of them shared a glance, blood red optics filled with murderous fury boring into cold blue ones.

They stood like that for a few seconds in silence, before finally leaving the gathering.