Chapter 14

Decided that this chapter needed more work. Still not quite satisfied with it. I apologize for the delay.

Soundwave flexed his digits, glancing around every few seconds restlessly, as if he were expecting to be attacked at any moment. But the basement remained dark and silent around him, not a hint of movement in the pitch black shadows. However, he knew better than anyone that the stillness could be deceiving. Maybe it was just paranoia, but there was no way Soundwave was dropping his guard. Not when he was surrounded by Autobots. Out of the corner of his optic he saw Shockwave shift, obviously just as uncomfortable as him. The ceiling was far too low for comfort and the two 'Cons had to hunch slightly to avoid colliding with it.

The racer, Blurr, had met them right around the corner of the pub, like Ratchet said, and immediately ushered them through the back door. He had to admit, it was rather clever of the small bot to conceal the entrance with a stray sheet of metal and waste cans. If the spy hadn't known (suspected really) that it was there, he would've walked right past it. Blurr's face was grim as he led them through the building's halls, his orders curt. Soundwave couldn't blame him for his anger. Despite the autobot's obvious disgust to their enemy's current predicament, the wounds left from the war were still too deep, still too fresh.

He leaned forward, almost imperceptibly tapping his digits against his knee plating. What was he to do now? If he was going to fulfill Lord Megatron's order he was going to need a monitor at the least. Hacking into the restored Elite Guard's network without being caught would be easy for him, one of the best hackers on Cybertron and Megatron's Chief Communications Officer. From there he could acquire all the information they needed: the Nemesis's exact location, status and the amount of guards stationed around it. Trying to get into the ship's systems would be impossible. Not only because he had to be in the general vicinity of it to try (if not inside), but also because he and Shockwave both had worked on the security. Though it pleased him to learn of the Autobot's inability to get in, it also served to irk him as it lowered their already low chances of escape. From the files he could also gather as much of the info on his fellow 'Cons as he possibly could. If he was to get them out, he had to know their statuses and locations as well. Lord Megatron and Knock Out were probably first priority. Megatron as their leader and Knock Out as a carrying mech very near birth and a medic as well. They were too valuable to the cause to be left in Autobot servos. There was also no guarantee that Bulkhead would hand over the sparkling over to his decepticon workers and there was no guarantee that he would buy the mechling in the first place. For all they knew, the wrecker could kill the child despite its innocence. Given the recent events, Soundwave couldn't put his trust in the bots to follow their code anymore.

Starscream was second priority. Though he was a coward, the mech was also a genius strategist and even if he was a 'former' second in command, he was too valuable an asset. That and he was a seeker and seekers were not known to do well indoors for too long. Lack of flight could drive them slowly insane. It was unfortunate, but it was true. Then they would get Dreadwing (who was also a seeker) and after - Airachnid. Breakdown and the drones would most likely be the easiest to free as the Autobots would be attacked from both sides: from the inside as well as outside. Even if they were underfueled, the drones were still a quite force to be reckoned with by their numbers alone and Breakdown was a former wrecker: strong and a good warrior.

Soundwave shook his helm. He needed more information to work with before he could formulate a proper plan. There was a possibility that Megatron would have to be rescued last, when they had sufficient fighting power to get through the dense security that was no doubt placed around the former warlord. But, they also could get him out first, while they still had that element of surprise. There was just too little to go on right now and any mistake could lead to failure, they couldn't afford to be reckless.