Chapter 20

Notes:

This is the chapter where nothing happens and we just basically spend some time with each captive decepticon and Ratchet. Because I love to stop and focus on emotions and mental conditions. Don't judge me..

Anyway, thanks for the continued support and enjoy this chapter! (Btw I haven't had the time to properly check this, so please ignore any mistakes until I can fix them)

Knock Out quietly shushed the squirming bundle in his arms, pressing Wildbreak closer to his chestplate when the child began to cry. He missed his sire, having already gotten used to him and could not understand why Breakdown suddenly wasn't there with them. He could not understand why his carrier trembled whenever the white mech walked in, why he'd hold him just a bit tighter before carrying him to another room, depositing him amongst the few soft thermal sheets there were, before walking away and not answering him for a long, long time. Most of all he was confused why his parent looked so upset after each visit, pearly white faceplates looking ghostly and scaring him. But he always enjoyed it when his carrier picked him up, crooning softly and pressing him against his red chestplates so he could hear the steady spark beat that never failed to calm him. Wildbreak enjoyed making faces at his parent's polished and shiny armor, giggling at his reflection, but recently, no matter how hard he tried, the little mechling could not see it. What he did see was the dullness, the new silver scratches that stretched across his shoulder pauldrons, all the way down to his chest and then to his abdomen. The sparkling didn't like them. They upset his carrier. For now though, he curled against the red mech's warm frame, chirping quietly in accomplishment when he managed to hook his tiny claws in Knock Out's armor, hoisting himself up and pressing himself even closer into the warm embrace, a silver servo bracing his back in case he lost his grip.

Dim red optics glimmered as they looked down at the little form, silent tears dripping down white faceplates, long digits softly caressing his son's round cheek. A soft smile stretched across his faceplate as small yellow optics looked up at him, a questioning chirp sounding across the small room as if the kid were asking his parent why he was crying too. Knock Out shushed him quietly, pressing a gentle kiss against the sparkling's helm even when the little one squeaked in protest, swatting at him with one tiny servo. The racer chuckled softly at his child's indignation, watching him adoringly as Wildbreak settled more comfortably against him to sleep. Absentmindedly he rubbed soothing circles over his son's back, gently coaxing him into recharge and leaving his carrier to his thoughts.

Smokescreen wasn't happy. News of the successful coupling with the other captive decepticons had already reached him and he would not be left behind in the dust. Knock Out had already recovered from his last birthing and it wouldn't be long before it was safe for him to be sparked again. Ratchet would not be able to help him this time. Due to the increasing unrest, they could not place the Autobot medic in Iacon prison, just like the captive decepticons, so they kept him here, where he could be used to further their needs. Now it was Pharma who oversaw their physical examinations, Ratchet only being present when the current carriers were brought in. Knock Out felt a savage sort of glee when he had heard how Megatron had thrown the white and blue medic halfway across the room when he had tried to touch him, only calming down once Ratchet stepped in. Even strapped down, starved and violated the former warlord was a force to be reckoned with. Pharma was smart enough not to taunt the silver mech after that. Knock Out hated those invasive examinations. It was like he wasn't even treated like a sentient being anymore, more like a rare animal. He loathed it.

Wildbreak stirred and only then did he realize that in his thoughtful state, he'd let his emotions bleed into his field, filling it with burning rage and feelings of injustice and fear. The racer instantly pulled it back, humming softly to the little mechling and urging him back to sleep. It was increasingly difficult to urge the child to recharge as if he could sense his parent's distress and thus stayed awake alongside him. It warmed Knock Out's spark and worried him at the same time.