have some composure, where is your posture?

note: so in this, act like the "i was hiding under your porch because i love you" music video has otto in it and also there isnt another guitarist

awsten hummed in happiness, watching geoff turn on the tv and youtube. he stared at geoff's lean body, smiling softly. he enjoyed geoff's presence, enjoyed being around geoff.

their plan for the night was to watch some music videos from various bands and sleep. awsten decided to stay the night with geoff, not wanting to face his dad in the morning. his dad worked the third shift, so he'd go home after his dad left.

"i honestly wish 'far too young to die' by panic! had a music video," geoff said.

"i mean, yeah, i guess it should've."

"i just think it'd be really pretty. the song has nice vibes."

"it really does."

they sat in silence for a moment before awsten noticed something. in geoff's recommended videos, there was something quite...familiar.

it was the video he and otto had recorded for their demo.

"why...why are you on the thumbnail for this video?" geoff said.

"uh, i--that's...well, you see, um, it's the music video f-for, uh, otto and i's music video for our d-demo?"

"can we watch it?"

"i guess?"

geoff grinned and turned it on, listening to the intro play. he was mesmerized by awsten's voice, his guitar playing, everything. awsten cringed at the video, but geoff seemed to love it.

"i love it," geoff whispered.

"really? i hate it."

geoff's head snapped towards awsten. "why?"

"i-i hate my voice a-a-and my playing, they're both shit."

geoff's eyes seemed to harden almost, his jaw clenching and his hand reaching to grip awsten's wrist.

"your guitar skills are amazing, and your voice is ten times better. never fucking say anything like that about yourself. never."

awsten was actually kind of scared. geoff's voice had changed and his face was faintly red. he nodded, and geoff sighed.

"i'm sorry about that, i just hate seeing you say negative stuff about yourself."

"it's o-okay."

geoff smiled slightly and turned on the next video.

📼

"alright, it's 3am, we should sleep," geoff said, noticing that awsten kept dozing off.

"yeah, i guess."

awsten thought about how they would sleep. would they cuddle? would he sleep on the floor, or vice versa? he decided that it didnt matter, really.

but he really wanted to lay with geoff.

so he did.

he crawled up next to geoff and looked at him hopefully. geoff was taken aback for a moment before he took awsten into his arms.

awsten could've sworn he heard a faint "no one will ever hurt you again."