Part Three

I turned around slowly, to see an unmasked man standing before me. The man with the hairband- Taehyung. Without thinking twice, I ran the other direction, running as fast as i could up the stairs and to my bedroom. As soon as I made it i locked the door. My breath came in fast pants, and my heart was fluttering in my chest with adrenaline as I heard Taehyung banging on the door. The others would be here soon too, I knew. I had to act fast. My hands still shaking, I grabbed my phone and found my friend Baekhyun's number. There was no time for the police. They could not get here in time. Baekhyun, however...

I heard the line ring twice before his voice came through the speaker.

"Hello?" I heard his young voice say.

"Baek! It's me. I need help now. There's seven of them and they killed someone and I-"

"Woah slow down Y/N." Baekhyun said. His voice was as calm as ever. "Seven of who? And who did they kill? I need you to explain okay? One second." I heard him yell to someone behind him that they needed to leave. A second later he was talking to me again. "Okay Y/N. We're on our way. Your house?"

"Yes." I managed. "There were these men on the way home, seven of them. And- and they killed someone."

"Okay? And? What is that yelling going on over there??"

I took a breath. "Well I saw them. And they saw me. So now they're trying to kill me because I've seen too much. They- Baek. They're in my house. I can't get out. And they have weapons."

"What?!" Baekhyun yelled. The panic and anger was evident in his voice now. I vaguely heard him tell his friend to 'step on it.' "Wait." He said suddenly.

"What?"

"Did you...did you say that there were seven people? All guys?"

"Yeah..." I said slowly, not knowing where this was going.

"Shit." Baekhyun swore. "Y/N, is there absolutely no way you can get out of there? Climb out the window or something?"

I ran to the window, tugging it open. I examined the drop. My throat constricted and I slammed the window shut quickly, scrambling back. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to slow my breathing. "Baek there's no way. It's too high, I can't..."

I heard Baekhyun take a sharp inhale. "Please Y/N, can you try?"

Terror racked me. "Baek, you can't expect me to... I can't just overcome a fear like that."

"I know." Baekhyun sighed. I stiffened, whipping around to face the door as I heard the others' voices. All seven of those men were here.

"Baek," I spoke more urgently, "I don't have any more time. What aren't you telling me about these men?"

Yelling and rushed footsteps framed Baekhyun's voice as he responded. "It's- look. It's just better if you don't know, okay?"

"Baekhyun!" I ran my hands through my hair, frustrated. "I'm about to be murdered by these guys. I think I should know who I'm, dealing with."

"Later Y/N." Baekhyun growled. "We're here. Get to the window. I'm outside." I heard the line go dead. My blood froze for a moment as I heard the wood of the door crack. My eyes widened as I saw the butt of a gun appear in a hole through the door. How the hell?? I wasted no time in scrambling to my feet and forcing the window open. A hand gripped my wrist. I looked to my left to see Baekhyun suspended by a rope, feet braced on the open window sill of the room next door. Once again, the drop made me freeze in fear. But before I could say anything, Baekhyun leaned over and pulled me out of the room, seizing my bicep. My breath hitched and I let in a breath, about to scream, but was deposited in the room next door before I could. I sank to the floor. Baekhyun swung in, untying the rope around his waist. He helped me to my feet and pulled out his phone. Briefly, I saw the caller ID: Jongdae.

"I've got her." Baekhyun said in the phone, pulling me over to the window once more. "It's definitely them. Sehun found the body in the alley. There was a black rose. We don't have enough men to engage right now. Get out of there Chen." He ended the call. Stuffing the phone into his pocket, he turned to me. I caught a glimpse of the gun resting on his hip. "Y/N, we're going to jump."

I met his gaze, eyes widening. "Come on Baek, please tell me you're joking."

Baekhyun shook his head. He held out a hand. I took it, gasping as he tugged me into his grasp. "Just close your eyes." I obeyed, squeezing my eyes shut. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he lifted me up, one arm under my knees and the other around my shoulders. Then he jumped.

The air rushed past us for a millisecond before Baekhyun hit the ground. I opened my eyes just in time to see him flex his knees, absorbing the impact of the fall. When he set me down I looked up at the window and saw one of the seven masked men at the window. He just stood there, watching Baekhyun and I.

"Baek..." I said softly, not able to tear my gaze from the window. Baekhyun turned around, following my stare.

"I didn't realize she was yours, Byun Baekhyun." The man called from the window.

Baekhyun laughed. "Last I checked, this area was property of EXO." Baek tugged on my hand, pulling me into his chest. "Do you have a reason for being so deep into our territory, Park Jimin?"

The man gestured toward me. "Keep a better leash on your pets, Baekhyun." I felt Baekhyun tighten his grip on me at this. "She saw something she shouldn't have."

"You mean she did her job and reported Bangtan's action on Junmyeon's territory?" Baek hissed, stressing his leader's name. "My friends and I should kill you right here for trespassing. You even killed on our land."

Jimin's jaw clenched, before he let out a low chuckle. "Oh but you wouldn't. Because that would result in a mafia war, which would put your precious Y/N in danger. Isn't that right?"

"You want to try me?" Baekhyun challenged. Jimin didn't respond. "That's what I thought. Let's go Y/N." He turned on his heel, encasing my hand in his and effectively dragging me along with him. But Jimin wasn't finished.

"You know," he called, "we were exactly fifteen centimeters from your territory line. And as far as I'm concerned, little Y/N was on our side of those fifteen centimeters. I hope you realize that she could have a target on her back within the next ten hours. But that's not really my problem is it? Have fun protecting her." Jimin called, laughing as he disappeared back into my house.