Part Five

A/N #1 Mira, if you're out there and still reading this, ilysm. Yeol has red hair :)

I woke up to knocking my door. I rubbed my eyes and reached for my phone, checking the time. 10am. I groaned, leaning back into my comforting mattress. "Who is it?" I called out sleepily.

"Baekhyun was right," A familiar voice called, "You do wake up late."

A small sigh escaped me as I swung my legs over the side of the bed and padded to the door. I unlocked it and pulled it open to reveal Jongdae. He stared at me with an amused expression, his eyes sparkling with humor.

"Well," I grumbled, "it's not my fault that you guys wake up so early."

Jongdae laughed. "Can't argue with that. Did you sleep well?"

I considered for a moment before responding, "As well as I could have. At least, considering the...circumstances."

Jongdae eyed me sympathetically. "Fair enough." He said, "Sehun is making breakfast this morning, so if you want to get dressed, I think he and the others will be eating in around half an hour." He straightened his tie and turned slightly, just about to leave.

His formal outfit suddenly struck me as I blurted, "Are you going somewhere?"

Dae stopped. "Business with Monsta X. Baekhyun, Xiumin, and Yixing are coming as well. Then we have a meeting with BTS's leader, Namjoon, to see if we can convince him to lay off your case."

I gulped. That flat tone, the straightened shoulders. The instinctive motion of his hand to his hip, his gun. I'd been friends with Jongdae and everyone else in EXO for long enough that it shouldn't bother me, but it still did. The way each of them changed when mafia 'business' was in the vicinity, in the conversation. The predatory focus. It was like each of them had two personalities. One that was sweet, protective. The one that contained the structure of my best friends. And another that was forceful, dangerous. The one that contained the killer, the possessiveness. I knew that neither would ever harm me, but no matter how much I tried, I just couldn't seem to adjust myself to the shift. I shivered slightly as I watched Jongdae walk away quickly, his steps barely making a sound on the carpeted floor. It still terrified me- how they could seemingly turn their mafia side on and off, almost as if by the flick of a switch.

I hurriedly pulled my door shut and moved to my bedstand. I plugged my phone in, letting it charge to full battery while I got myself ready for the day that awaited me.

                                                                                          ~*~*~

Around 25 minutes later, I rushed down the stairs in my jeans, white shirt, and lavender plaid flannel. The whole EXO building was divided into two main parts. The eastern half was where the more house-like part was. The members of EXO lived there. It was also where my room resided. The other half was the part where all the mafia stuff took place. The guys usually didn't let me in there. Based off what I'd seen though, I gathered that the first floor was where the deals took place, and the other two were probably where...well...where the blood was, I suppose.

My hand flew from the wooden rail as I reached the bottom of the flight of stairs and practically hurled myself into the dining room. The familiar, long, wooden table and its thirteen chairs made their way into my view. Five welcoming faces turned to look at me.

I vaguely heard a squeal of delight as red hair blurred in front of me and a tall figure hugged me. "Chan-" I wheezed, "yeol, I...breathe...I... can't...yeol..."

"Yeol!" The accusing voice of Junmyeon exclaimed, "We've talked about this! When Y/N visits, you need to greet her properly first!"

Chanyeol released me, instead taking my arms and holding them out in front of him. He grasped my smaller hands tightly. Aish, he was so emotional. Tears limned his eyes as he spoke. "Y/N! I heard what happened yesterday! I'm sorry I wasn't there...I was out on another...mission. It was out of town. I rushed back as soon as I heard you were here." Chanyeol apologized.

I gave him a peck on the cheek and another quick hug. "It's fine, Yeol. Seriously. I'm all right. Thank you for coming back though." Chanyeol was like a brother to me, so the affection I showed him was normal. It certainly didn't stop a certain maknae from getting jealous over the fact that Yeol was getting more attention than the food, however.

As if on cue, Sehun's pouting caught my attention. "Hey, Y/N. I made breakfast today. Don't tell me you're gonna give Chan more attention than me!" I laughed, pulling Chanyeol behind me as I walked to my place at the table. I greeted Junmyeon and Jongin, as I hadn't had a chance to talk to either of them yesterday. I thanked Kyungsoo for his help yesterday as well. Then we all dug into breakfast, our idle conversations making me forget the predicament we were in with BTS.

We had just finished clearing off the table, breakfast concluded, when the arrow soared through the window. I yelped as the glass broke and the arrow whizzed past me, nicking my cheek. It embedded itself with a 'thud' in the far wall, just in between two framed group pictures. The silence that followed was suffocating, intense. Everyone's gaze was trained on the fletching of the iron-tipped arrow. On the unique black rose which adorned it. And the drop of blood that stained its center. A declaration. A promise. A confirmation.

We all froze when Junmyeon spoke. "Well, so much for getting Namjoon to back off."

********************************************STOP*********************************************

Bangtan Boys had just proclaimed the beginning of a mafia war with EXO.

A/N Unedited

Wow I felt like this was so much longer than it actually turned out to be. Gosh darn it. Apologies for the shorter update and cliff hanger! Love y'all!! If it's any consolation, the next chapter will be longer. Can't guarantee that it will be without a cliffhanger though... :)