Part Four

"Damn it Y/N!" Baekhyun groaned as he dragged me behind him into the EXO van. He shoved me into the back seat, making me awkwardly push Kyungsoo into the leather.

"Sorry, Soo." I grinned sheepishly. Kyungsoo smiled back.

"It's fine. Are you okay? They didn't hurt you did they?"

"Well no," I responded, "But..." I broke off, unsure how to continue. Baekhyun filled in for me.

"But they are probably ransacking her house as we speak. There's no way she's going to be living on her own right now. Not with a possible target on her back." Baekhyun sighed. The van started to move, and we spent the rest of the drive back to EXO headquarters in silence.

I was still lost in deep thought when Junmyeon called from the front, "We're here." And started to get out of the car. The others quickly followed, me stumbling out between Baekhyun and Kyungsoo again. I noted the quickly fading light outside as I stepped out. It was already somewhere around 7pm. Minseok greeted us just inside the double doors that opened the building.

"What happened?" He asked. Jongin immediately followed after Minseok, explaining everything. As everyone filed inside, I was left with Baekhyun.

"I'm sorry." I finally said, fidgeting with my phone case. Baekhyun's brows furrowed in confusion.

"For what?"

I gestured helplessly to the car that was parked outside. "For this. Everything. I didn't mean to get caught by them. I'm sorry! It just sort of happened! I was walking back and-" Everything spilled out of me like a broken dam, and the tears started to fall. "And if I'd known who they were I never would've called you. I didn't mean to make trouble for you. I'm so sorry." I managed to finish.

Baekhyun immediately freaked out and drew me into his arms. "Y/N! If you hadn't called, you would probably be with them right now, or even dead! It really isn't that big of a deal, okay? Calm down, please. Junmyeon has dealt with worse; we have dealt with worse. It's not as if you started a gang war or something."

"Sorry." I mumbled against his shirt. Baekhyun began to walk us towards the elevator. I watched him push the eleventh floor button as the doors slowly eased shut. Then I asked, "But what now? That guy- Jimin- he said something about me being a target."

Baekhyun looked at me, his gaze becoming hard. "They killed someone, Y/N. And it wasn't our business. It's not your fault, but you were in their territory. Our contract rules state that if a member of the opposing gang is in any way involved with the other gang's business, then that gang has complete control over what happens to the person who was involved. It doesn't matter that you didn't actually see the person, or that it was an accident that you happened upon it. To them, you trespassed into their territory the moment you rounded the corner. And to top it off, I'm pretty sure you watched them kill the most notorious drug dealer around, from what I could tell of the remains." Baekhyun explained. The elevator let out a sickeningly cheerful "ding!" again as the doors open to reveal the eleventh floor. We stepped out and continued down the hallway to our respective rooms.

"So basically, they want me dead for no reason whatsoever other than to make a point about the rules.

Baekhyun let out a short laugh as we stopped in front of my room. "Yeah, pretty much. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. Or it shouldn't be."

"So....Then why are we worried again?" I joked.

Baek regarded me seriously. "Because it could very well become a big deal."

Okay, so if I wasn't curious or scared before, I definitely was now. "What do you mean it could become one?"

He shook his head slightly. "I don't...I don't know. Something about this whole thing...it doesn't feel right somehow. The way Jimin knew exactly how far from the line they were. You just somehow being in the right place at the perfect time."

"You think it was a set up? They planned it like that?" My voice slowly began to rise in pitch as the panic edged my tone. "But that would mean they would have to know exactly what my connection to EXO is. They would've had to..."

"Track you." Baekhyun finished for me grimly. "They would have had to know exactly where you would be at what time, and in order to know that, they would have had to track you. And that's the part that makes no sense. If that is indeed the case, which I'm beginning to suspect that it is, then the question is why? What do they want from you, of all people?"

I pushed the door to my room open, suddenly eyeing everything with uncertainty. I stepped inside. I didn't turn around as Baek put a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Y/N." I stopped. "I might not be able to guarantee that you're 100% safe. But know that there is no way they could find you here. There is no way they can get to you here. And if you'd like, I can stay with you." Baekhyun offered. "Or if you're not comfortable with me, I can ask Yeol or Soo or something. Or I'm sure even Min-"

"It's fine, Baek." I cut him off. His concern was sweet, but it was starting to set me on edge too. "I'll manage." I turned around, managing a weak grin. "We're not sure that it was a setup right? I'll be fine. It could've just been a coincidence."

Baekhyun watched me uncertainly for a moment, then backed away. "Okay," he said, "if you're sure."

"I'm sure." I assured him with a little laugh. This seemed to relax him a little bit. "Goodnight, Baekhyun." I said softly.

He flashed me a smile. "'Night, Y/N. I'm just down the hall if you need me. And don't forget that Jongdae and Kyungsoo are on this floor too." He added unnecessarily.

"I know, Baek. Thank you. Goodnight." I repeated with a knowing smile. Baek flashed me an apologetic smile, then disappeared from my sight. I heard his door open and close, then I shut and locked my own door. I pulled off my boots and changed into some sleeping attire, then promptly turned the lights off and snuggled into my pillow under the cozy covers of my bed. Then I quickly drifted off to sleep, with the warm sense of safety engulfing me.

A/N Unedited. :) Also I'm going for more regular updates now. Hoping to get in an update every two weeks or so. Although fair warning: I'm going on vacation for a while soon so I might just put in a long update before I leave to make up for the most likely lack of updates that will probably follow. :) Hope ya'll are enjoying