Part 10

"Kim Xiumin!" Jungkook exclaimed. "He escaped!"

Namjoon swore beside me just as Sehun collapsed to the floor in a heap. His reckless running must've caused him to lost a lot of blood. The shock disappeared from my system and I made to rush forward to help Sehun, but Joon held a hand out in front of me. "Don't. Moving him could make it worse. We were lucky he passed out like that, because it's stopping the blood from flowing out of the wound. Jungkook," he glanced at the panting maknae, "go get Jin. " Namjoon stepped carefully over Sehun's limp body, making for the hall.

"Hyung, what are going to do?" Jungkook asked nervously.

Joon slipped on a jacket from a nearby coat rack. "I'm going to go get Hoseok and Yoongi. Maybe Jimin if possible."

Jungkook's eyes went wide, but he nodded. "What about her?" He pointed in my direction. Joon paused for a moment.

"Y/N."

"Y-Yes?" I stammered. He looked over his shoulder at me.

"Let's go." Then he zipped up his jacket and swiftly walked down the hall.

"What the-" Jungkook muttered, "Hey, hyung!" He yelled. "Why are you taking her? She's not even-"

I stepped over Sehun gingerly and patted Jungkook's shoulder as I walked by him. "Sorry Jungkook. I don't really understand either, and trust me, I'd rather stay with Sehun. But your leader seems to have a reason behind everything he does, so," I shrugged, "it's better to do as he says. I'm trusting you and Seokjin with Sehun." I said meaningfully.

                                                                            ~*~

I caught up with Namjoon by the front door, where he was slipping on his gloves. I slipped on my own boots just as Namjoon fastened his gun at his hip and replaced the other assortment of weapons inside his jacket. He opened the door, and even with my warm clothing I winced at the cold bite of the wind and snow. I began to doubt whether my layers would be enough, since it had gotten so cold since earlier.

"Come on." He said, and I shut the door behind me and hurriedly shuffled after him. I followed him to the car which was parked inside the garage. I climbed in the passenger seat and he started the car, turning up the heater as he backed out. He closed the garage, but instead of accelerating, he wrestled something out of a pocket in his jacket and handed it to me. "Here." He said. "You're probably going to need it."

Gingerly, I took the gun from his hands and laid it in my lap. With wide eyes, I whispered awkwardly, "I don't know how to..."

"Really?" He asked me incredulously. "You were with EXO that long, and you never learned how to shoot?" I nodded my head in confirmation. "All right. It's not like you have to kill anyone, anyway. That's just so you have something to protect yourself with." Namjoon leaned over and took the gun from me. "This is the safety." He told me. "It's locked right now, but if you do this," he maneuvered the piece a bit, "then it's unlocked, and you can shoot. Just aim and pull the trigger, of course." He handed it back to me. "If you run out of bullets, then just run. You shouldn't, since it's full, but with all these alliances EXO has been making, you never know how many enemy groups you could run into. As I said, you don't need to, and probably won't be able to, kill. So don't try. If you're in trouble, then fire a couple blind shots and try to hurt them before they hurt you. That's your only aim, got it? Shoot to disarm or disable, not to kill."

I nodded silently in agreement. No killing sounded fine to me. Satisfied, Joon replaced his hands on the wheel, pressed down lightly on the pedal, and just like that we left the safety of the house.