Chapter 4

Dean's POV
We had gotten to the motel, Kai was holding onto my arm, scared.
I said" It's okay, Kai, I've got you, and I'm not letting go." She nodded against my arm, but I could tell she was still scared." Kai, it's okay, I swear it." We walked in and Kai sat down on the bed, pulling her knees up and sitting like that on the edge of the bed. I smiled a bit then threw our bags onto the bed behind it. She nearly fell off but fell back, giggling her head off, Sam chuckled.
Sam said" And let's start a chart when she falls." Kai giggled then smiled at him,
" I swear, okay, Kai, before you fall off that bed, get away from the edge of the bed."
She said" Okay, Dean." She rolled around and sat up, sitting in the middle of the bed." Happy?"
" Yeah, very. We don't need to patch you up anymore."
" Okay, okay." She smiled at me then giggled, Sam smiled at her then sat down on the other bed.

Once Cas showed up, Kai hid behind me, peeking from my shoulder since I was sitting in front of her. Cas sensed she was something, and looked at her tilting his head.
I said" Cas, this is Kai, she's a sea nymph/human. She's friendly."
Cas said" Hello, Kai. I'm Castiel, angel of the Lord." Kai didn't move from my shoulder,
" Kai, it's safe, I promise." She slowly moved from my shoulder and sat next to me, her hand holding onto my arm gently.
" How did you find a sea nymph/human?"
" We found her in a vamp house, she was their blood bank. She's been held captive since she was 12. She's 26 now. Hey, Kai, go annoy Sam." She giggled then got up, walking to Sam and jumping next to him. Sam lifted her up and spun her around crazily, she giggled and held onto him, he put her down and sat down. Kai smiled at him then sat down behind him, laying down. I was smiling at her the entire time, Cas looked at me then to her, then he looked at Sam, Sam nodded and smiled.
" She seems nice, doesn't she, Dean?"
" Yeah, she is."
" What is the case we're working here?"
" Uh..." I was watching Kai play with a loose string in her shirt,
Sam said" A vamp case, Kai can Cas stay with you while we go on this case?" Kai nodded, focused on the string," Okay, Cas, all you really have to do is not let her binge on tv, and feed her." Kai looked up at him finally, pouting since she couldn't get the string off. I scooted over and pulled the string out, smiling at Kai, she smiled at me.
Kai said" I want candy!" Sam busted out laughing, I smiled then fell back onto the bed.
" You started this, Dean."
I said" No, I didn't."
" You're the one who gave her candy first."
" True."
Kai said" I want skittles." I smiled then shrugged, I grabbed my bag and gave her a packet of skittles. She opened them and began eating them, smiling.
Sam said" See!" I chuckled then smiled at Kai as she giggled," Okay, it's 1 in the morning, I'm going to bed."
Cas said" I'll be back in the morning." Then he was gone, Kai was lifted up by Sam, and placed onto my bed.
I said" Fine, let's hit the hay. Kai, hand over the skittles." She handed them to me and laid down, I smiled a bit then got next to her. I pulled the covers over both of us, and closed my eyes, falling asleep fairly quick.

I woke up to sun hitting my face, I looked over and saw Kai still fast asleep. We were tangled together, I smiled a bit then saw Sam sit up, he scoffed.
He whispered" How long are you gonna wait?"
I whispered" As long as it takes for her to actually be stable, I mean... till she's ready to even start in this world, it's bound to be a lot different since she was 12."
" Yeah." Kai hummed in her sleep then her eyes opened, I looked at her then smiled softly.
She mumbled" Hi, Dean." I chuckled then sat up, she stayed curled up against me.
I said" Kai, you gonna sleep all day?" She nodded," Not even gonna read your book?" She nodded," Gonna stay in bed all day?" She shook her head, smiling at me," Then go get dressed, take a shower." She sucked in a breathe," The water won't hurt you, Kai, it's fine. You're safe."
" Okay." She got up and went into the bathroom, I watched her as she closed the door a little but still kept it kinda open. She started the shower, I looked at Sam,
Sam said" Why doesn't she like the door closed?"
I said" Something with her past, I guess, she just hates it."
" Okay, I'm going to get breakfast, be back soon." He got up and pulled on a jacket then grabbed my keys and left, I turned on the tv and began watching some random daytime tv.
After a few minutes, Kai came out of the bathroom, she saw me and smiled shyly. Her body was still kinda wet, especially her hair, she looked beautiful. She sat down on the bed, and curled up into the sheets again, I smiled, looking at her.
I said" Are you seriously gonna stay in bed all day, Kai?" She shook her head then nodded a bit, smiling at me, I chuckled then pulled her to me, she laughed. I held her in my arms, and lifted her onto my lap, she looked at me and laid her head on my shoulder. Her nose was nuzzling against my neck, and her thighs were on my lap, she was cuddling into my chest and stomach." Kai, uh... what're you doing?" Her fingers were playing with my hair gently,
She mumbled" You're warm." I chuckled then smiled, rubbing her arm gently." Really warm." I smiled then looked at her, she looked at me then smiled shyly.
Sam walked in, shaking his head as he saw us then put the food on the table, Kai jumped up and ran to the food, grabbing a bag. I laughed as she sat on the bed, eating the food Sam got her, smiling happily.