Chapter 5

Kai's POV
Dean was laying next to me, rubbing my side, I started falling asleep.
Dean whispered" Kai, are you asleep yet?" I hummed lightly," I'll take that as a maybe. Come on, I know what'll knock you out." He stood up, lifting me into his arms, I held onto him as we went outside.
I mumbled" Where're we goin'?"
" On a ride." He put me into the impala and got in, I curled up against him. I closed my eyes, he rubbed my side gently, then played with the ends of my hair. That really started lulling me to sleep, I opened my eyes a bit but closed them again. Then I was fast asleep...

Dean's POV
Kai fell asleep as I played with the ends of her hair, I smiled a bit then did a circle around the block and headed back for the motel.
Once I got back, I carefully lifted Kai into my arms and carried her back inside. I laid down with her in my arms,
Sam whispered" Where did you go?"
I whispered" Took her on a drive, she couldn't fall asleep."
" Okay." Then he was back to sleep, I smiled bit then closed my eyes, falling to sleep as well.

I woke up to the alarm going off, and once again, tangled up with Kai, I smiled then got up. Kai cuddled into the pillow I was sleeping on, I chuckled then walked to the bathroom, getting a shower.
The door opened once I was drying of
Sam said" Dude, what the hell?"
I said" Shut up."
" Uh, whatever. Kai's having a nightmare, want me to wake her up?"
" No, I've got it." I walked out and saw Kai thrashing around, whimpering quietly. Sam stayed in the bathroom to get a shower, I sat down on the bed and pulled her to me. She whimpered and held onto my wrist,
I whispered" Kai, you're okay, shh, wake up, come on, wake up." I gently shook her shoulders then she woke up, gasping for air. I shushed her gently and rubbed her back, she tucked her face into my neck, breathing heavily." You're okay, you're okay, Kai. Calm down, it's okay now, I've got you."
She mumbled" Dean?"
" Yeah, it's okay, I've got you now, you're okay." She nuzzled into my neck, I gently pulled her up onto my lap and rubbed her side." Hey, you gonna stay with Cas again, today while Sammy and I go take care of this case, huh?"
" Yeah, Dean."
" Okay."
—>
Kai's POV
Cas and I were watching Scooby Doo, Cas was looking at me, I looked at him tilting my head.
Cas said" What do you think about Dean?"
I said" What does that mean?"
" Uh... is he your friend? More than friend? Uh... less than friend." Confusion hit me like a brick, then I started understanding him.
" Do you mean if I like like him?"
" Yes?"
" Yeah... I like him more."
" He's nice, caring, he just doesn't know how to show it."
" He shows it to me."
" Then... he cares about you." I looked at him confused, then looked at the tv, watching the show.
Cas brought it a bag, I smiled and ran to him, taking the bag and sitting down by the tv. He chuckled at me then sat down, I took out the pasta and began eating.
Cas said" You really like pasta, don't you?"
I said" I love, love, love pasta."
" Okay, Kai." He sat next to me, watching the tv, I smiled then continued to eat and watching the cartoon.

Once Dean and Sam came back, Cas took Dean outside, I looked at Sam, tilting my head.
Sam said" I have no idea what they're talking about. I'm not in this." I giggled then walked to him," You had pasta, didn't you?" I nodded happily, giggling again," You're literally the only person I know who can eat pasta like that."
I said" That's fun!"
" You're so weird, Kai. Want pasta for dinner?"
" Yay! Yes!" He laughed then Dean and Cas came in,
Dean said" Having pizza for dinner again?" Sam nodded, I smiled then looked at Dean, tilting my head and giggling." Fine, we'll get your stinkin' pasta again! You little dork." I smiled, sitting down on the bed, and looked at them. Dean sat down next to me and pulled me onto his lap, I laid my head in the crook of his neck. Sam and Cas looked at us then they both smiled a bit before sitting at the table.

Once we were eating in the motel room, Dean was smiling at me, I looked at him.
He said" You're so addicted to pasta, it's borderline hilarious." I pouted looking at him,
Sam said" Don't make her sad by teasing her about her pasta addiction. Even though... nope, I'm not in this, nope!" 
" Sorry, Kai." I smiled and kissed his cheek, smiling at him, he looked at me then smiled before looking at the tv screen. Sam looked at us, glancing back and forth between us, I smiled at him and continued to eat my pasta.