Chapter 9

its been almost two weeks since Draco found out the big news, Hogwarts has been cleaned up and Draco, Hermione, Ginny, and Blaise are staying at Hogwarts whilst Harry in staying at the Burrow to help with the twins joke shop, whilst Luna is helping her dad with the Quibbler. draco and Hermione are both head of years and share a dorm with Balise and Ginny as Professor McGonagall thought it would be safer with the four of them rather than just two.

Draco's POV-

I couldn't find Granger anywhere, I hadn't seen her since breakfast in the great hall this morning and she had her nose in a book not paying attention to anyone else, she was so beautiful when she was reading. I was worried, she hadn't talked to me since I found out the news. that's when I figured out where she was, how stupid was I to not figure it out before.

I rushed to the library as fast as I could tripping over my own feet more than once, to find Granger sitting in a pile of books making notes. with three or four coffee cups sitting around her.

"Granger?" I asked and she looked up

"Draco! okay, so I've been studying Veela's and what happens-"

"when was the last time you slept? or ate? or left the library?" I interrupted

"uhm I haven't left the library in 8 days and the house elves are kind enough to bring me up food, but anyway-" I didn't let her finish

"Granger after you explain whatever you're hell-bent on explaining to me then we are going up to our dorm and you are going to sleep, Salazar it's already 9 pm."

"okay" she huffed

I smiled, suddenly I felt a strong urge just to hold her. I don't know where it came from but it didn't go away.

"so Veela's will have exactly one year to find and mark their mate, that doesn't mean sex, that's just something that sort of happens anyway, but the Veela's set of fangs will come down when they are, uhm, aroused, and then they will pierce their mates skin and insert some of their venom into the mate, after this is done the marking is complete but as I said before.... most of the times the couple will... uh... yea you know"

i gaped at her, she learnt all for me!

"also Draco, I- I just want you to know that- that I will be there even if I'm-I'm not your mate" she stumbled out

"Granger, don't think like that, come on let's get you to bed" I stated, I knew she was my mate I could feel it, but I was still a tiny bit unsure about it.

I picked her up bridal style and cast a wandless spell to clean up the mess she had made in the corner of the library.

when we got up to our dorm I heard moaning coming from Blaise's room,

"OH BLAIISSSEEE!" I heard Ginny yell, u cast a silencing spell, I do NOT want to hear that, yuck!

I placed Hermione on her bed and tucked her in, I started to head out the door when Hermione called me back with her soothing voice.

"Draco, I can't sleep in this, will you help me get into just my underwear?" she asked. If it was any other time it would have sounded sexy, but she was half asleep, I smirked and did as she asked once I was done my hands lingered on her waist. I felt my body heat up but I pushed down the desire to take off any more clothes, she needed rest. I tucked her back into bed and gave her a  chaste kiss on her temple.

"Draco, stay with me? just-just sleep next to me?" she asked

I nodded and started to undo my trousers, her eyes widen and I smirked but didn't stop undressing. I slowly unbuttoned my top and threw it to the floor knowing she was watching me.

"Like what you see?" I asked fairly cocky.

"mmmhhhhmmmm" she moaned and I laughed. I crawled into bed next to her and snaked my hand around her waist and pulled her up against me sending shivers down my spine when skin touched skin.

when her breathing started to slow but I knew she was still awake I took a deep breath and whispered

"Granger, I love you"

"I love you too Draco, I just hope you do tomorrow as well" she answered back sadly.

we stayed like that and we both drifted off into a dreamless sleep until I woke up with a jolt at 12 am on the dot, waking Hermione in the process.

she looked at the clock, her eyes widened and she jumped of the bed away from me.

"you'll have changed now," she said softly

I nodded but then I noticed something.

"Granger, I can smell you from here, and-and you're feeling scared..." I trailed of knowing what that meant.

I could feel her breath stop then she started to walk towards me and every part of me wanted to reach out and just touch her.

"tell me, tell me what you feel when I do this okay?" she whispered to me, I could only nod, she had captivated me without even knowing it.

A/n- okay so I wrote this whole chapter and WATTPAD DELETED IT HALF WAY THROUGH ME WRITING IT. UGH. So I had to re write it. But I think I did it better but oh well. Is this okay? I hope so.

Also NEW COVER BITCHESSSSSS
🖤🐍🗡