Chapter 17

Draco's POV-

I was flabbergasted, Hermione and Ginny had played us like two french horns, I've got to admit, they would have made great Slytherins, especially Granger. I mean come on,

she was super smart, when she wanted something she would get it, she never let anyone tell her what to do unless it was necessary and even then it was hard for her to let her ego go. She would have been amazing in my house.

I was nervous as all hell for tomorrow night but I needed to do this. For her at the very least. The reason I wanted to do it tomorrow afternoon was because I knew that Weasley was coming back to classes the day after tomorrow. If I had her marked, and he did anything stupid I would finally have a real excuse.

Hermione's POV-
I woke up this morning feeling extremely excited. This afternoon Draco would mark me. I was suddenly nervous.
Was I ready for this? He'll be able to feel all my emotions, know where I am and what I'm doing 24/7. After tonight I was basically a Malfoy even if there won't be a ceremony.

I shrugged off my nerves and walked down to the common room to see Draco waiting for me. When he saw me his eyes lit up and a small smile appeared on his face, and for Draco that was the equivalent of a crazy fan girl screaming. I sighed and went up to him to give him a chaste kiss on his cheek.

"Granger" he greeted me and I felt my entire body warm at his voice
"Draco, should we go down to the great hall for breakfast?"
"Of course."

He snaked his hand around my waist and lead me out the door.
"were you gonna wait for us?" I hear Ginny call
"NOPE!" Me and Draco yelled back in unison.

We walked down to the hall laughing together. When we got to the entrance I noticed that Ronald had returned. I stiffened and looked at Draco.
"He wasn't meant to be back until tomorrow" I whisper to him.
"I know. Do you want me to sit with you today?" Draco asked, his voice hard as steel.
"No it should be fine for meals. But please, in classes" I say back to him. I felt Ron's eyes on me and I gave Draco a quick kiss on the mouth.

It still made me feel as if fireworks were going of in my head.

I smiled at him and I got a smirk in return. I took a deep breath and sat down next to Harry, as far from Ron as possible.

I looked over at Draco who was watching us intently, I gave him a nod to let him know that he could listen in on what we were saying.
I felt him enter my mind and I smiled. Even when he wasn't physically there, he still made me feel safe.

"'Morning Mione" harry said.
"Good morning Harry" I replied cheerfully
"No good morning for me?" I hear Ron say and I sit up straighter in my chair.
I decide to ignore him. I still couldn't believe what he had said about me.

"Oh thanks for waiting up for me Mione. Thank Draco for me too would you?" I hear Ginny say as she came up to the table.
Ronald growled but I ignored him again. I saw Harry give him a look and say a few words to him and it made Ron shot straight up out of his chair.

I looked over to Draco who's eyes had narrowed and was watching Ron. My focus snapped back to Ron when I heard him yell out in frustration.

Harry has stood up now and was trying to calm him down.
"SHUT UP HARRY! STOP TRYING TO CALM ME DOWN. I WANT TO KNOW WHY MALFOY HAD FUCKING FANGS!" Ron roared. The hall went silent and Draco had started walking towards us.
"I don't know Ron. Let's just all sit down, maybe Mione will be able to explain."

That was when I remembered I hadn't told them about my lover being a Veela.
I felt Draco's presence behind me and leant into his bear hug.
"Harry, Ronald, can you please come outside with me a Draco?" I tried to sound calm but I know I sounded off. I grabbed Draco's hand and squeezed it a little. He squeezed back.