007: Sour Gum

Sour Gum

[☆]

DEREK HALE WAS remembering a memory he had with Zayla, it was the first time they had meet, and Zayla being Zayla, was obviously being a sarcastic little shit.

He could still hear the words echoing around him, like whispers from ghosts of the past, like a ghost touching his hand - and that frightened him.

"So do we have to house train you or?"

Derek remembers clearly that he had glared at the girl that was named Zayla, he hadn't liked her at first but now he couldn't think of a life without her witty comebacks and sarcastic attitude.

[☆]

ALLISON ARGENT REMEMBERED the first time she had meet the girl, it had been a rainy day, Allison had frantically rushed to the animal clinic after running over a stray dog - Zayla had been there -  helping Scott Mccall.

Allison had instently taken a liking to her, after she had given the panicking  brunette a kind smile and reassured her that the dog would be okay - not long afterwards did they become friends, Zayla had been the one to introduce Allison and Isaac, always saying that her brother would be a perfect match for the brunette - she had definitely been right.

[☆]

LYDIA MARTIN REMEMBERED when she had meet Zayla, it had been in kindergarten. Lydia had carelessly pulled on Zayla's pigtails. She could still remember the girl turning around to face her - Zayla hadn't been mad in the slightest.

She had simply told the strawberry blonde that she liked the colour of her hair - After that they were joined by the hip - when high-school came they were still as close as ever - and when the supernatural showed up they had been there for each other - that's why Lydia knew she had to be there. Not for herself but for Zayla.

[☆]

ISAAC LAHEY REMEMBERED the first time he saw his little sister - only by a year - she liked to remind him of that, he didn't remember it well, as he was only a year old. But he did remember when they were a little older and Zayla had hurt herself.

He had taken her hand in his - he had said "I'll always protect you." And he did - whenever their father would try to lay a hand on her he would take her place - it was his duty. And yet here he sat in the waiting room helpless - he had broken his silent promise.

[☆]

SCOTT MCCALL REMEMBERED the first time he saw her, the first time he really saw her - it was freshman year, she was walking down the hallway Lydia Martin by her side - she was wearing a sundress it was a bubblegum pink - he remembered seeing her laugh - it sounded like a soft melody - it had brought a smile to his face.

He didn't believe in love at first sight - he had seen her many times before - but that day was different he had seen her in a new light - he remembered falling in love with her - not right away but slowly and then all at once.

He remembered his sweaty palms as he had walked up to her - she had smiled at him and tucked a stray hair behind her ear - he had stuttered out a pathetic excuse of a sentence - "I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me tonight by any chance?"

She had smiled before accepting - he had looked at her shocked before giving her a heart warming smile - he had taken her out for pizza and a movie and had said sorry to many times for not doing anything better - she shook her head and leaned in giving him a kiss on the cheek.

He remembered when they had shared their first real kiss - it wasn't anything big or like fireworks - it was a simple sunday afternoon - Zayla had managed to sneek out of her house and away from her father - she had gone to Scott's house and they had watched Netflix and a movie - two 14 year olds holding onto each others hands - Zayla had looked at him with a smile - before Scott decided it was time, it was a simple kiss but that was the start of their story. Now three years later that same boy now 17 just wanted one last kiss with his Zayla.

[☆]

A/N: 

I'm sorry that you probably cried, oh my gosh the feels, but that's what this book is supposed to do, make you feel and connect with the characters with just a few hundred words. And I really hope you are enjoying it. I am enjoying writing it as it is hard not having dialogue or anything.

Till the next sad chapter or maybe not?

-DinosaurRebel