Come with me

There was a long silence between them. Law glanced at Luffy and saw him staring at the sky, deep in thoughts.

".. why would you do that?" He asked after a while.

"Because life sucks." Law answered, "I don't have any family, I don't have any friends.., if I died there would be no one that would care.. No one that would miss me."

He saw Luffy staring at him, but he didn't say anything.

"I've been alone my whole life and I just.. I'm so tired of it.. I'm tired of being like this. I'm tired of living like this..."

Law touched his wet cheek. He had been crying? He hadn't even noticed.

"And I don't even know why I'm telling you this. You don't care and it's none of your business anyway." Law sat down as he felt his legs getting weaker by the second.

He suddenly felt a pair of warm arms being wrapped around him. Luffy had dropped to his knees and was.. Hugging him? Law would've pushed him away but he hasn't felt human contact for ages. It actually felt.. nice, warm and.. Safe.

"Would I be doing this if I didn't care?" The boy asked softly. Almost whispering. He didn't know how Law was feeling and he didn't know what to say to make him feel better. But Luffy knew that a hug could make a person feel loved. And that was all that Law needed at that moment.

The man rested his head on the kid's shoulder, his arms were hugging him back unconsciously. He's so tired.. Not just mentally but also physically. He was barely able to keep his eyes open anymore. Sleeping wasn't something he did often.. He would normally lay awake the whole night. Not being able to sleep. But now he felt the tiredness taking him over.

he knew he was falling asleep. Now all he had to do was to let go.