3

"you guys are coming to the party friday night, right?" noah asks us, making direct eye contact with me. 

"i don't see why not," carter replies for all of us.

grayson changes the topic to football as noah pops a chip into his mouth and rests his arm on the back of my chair.

my mind drifts away as their football discussion continues. i think about earlier this summer with warren and what he did to me, or tried to do to me, noah was the one who stopped him. thank god for noah, i don't know what i would have done had he not-

"hey slinky what time is ollie picking you up at?" jack asks.

"my mom said that ollie and i had to be back home at around five thirty so that we could be at the restaurant by six," i reply back.

"why don't you just have your parents pick you up here? that way you can stay longer," noah says.

i quickly text my mom and ask her if she can pick me up at five fourty five. "uh my mom said that ollie will just come for me at five fourty five and we can just meet her at the restaurant," i tell the group.

"perfect," noah says. "that means we have around thirty minutes or so to have some real fun." noah dramatically winks at me and i immediately burst out laughing. 

we all end up playing a game of marco polo where i accidentally smack noah in the face, whoopsies. 

"slinky dude i totally got you- ollie!" isaac shouts. i quickly dart my eyes in the direction of isaac's gaze and see my twin brother getting out of the car and walking right through the open front door. 

soon enough, he comes out onto the pool deck and does his usual bro-handshake  with each of the guys and greets me with two middle fingers, i do the same. 

"party at my house, friday, eight o'clock, you coming ollie?" noah asks my twin brother (who likes to think he's my older brother).

"i'll definitely be there," ollie replies back.

"and slinky, you said you'll be there too, right?" noah asks me.

"yeah," i say. "i'll totally be there."

"listen flynn, slinky and i gotta go have dinner with the grandparents but we'll catch you around," ollie hollers at noah.

"alright, alright." noah says as he handshakes my brother goodbye. "you two be safe, okay?" he says as he winks at me.

"we will, don't you worry." i lean into him for a sidehug and i feel his hand on the left side of my waist, it's warm, comforting.

i pull away from the hug and wave goodbye to the rest of the guys as well as little flynn and el. 

"bye!!" 

ollie and i walk as fast as we can and quickly get into the car. just as ollie's about to pull the car out of the driveway, noah comes running down to the car, my bag in his hand.

"here uh- you forgot your bag."

"thanks, flynn."

i take the bag from his hands and quickly throw on the t-shirt i packed as ollie drives away from his house.

i'm about to put my gym shoes on when i notice a piece of paper stuck inside one of them.

i uncrumble the paper and see, in rather messy handwriting, "meet me at the beach. nine pm. don't be late." written on the paper.

i smile to myself and check my phone, then i mentally count the hours left until nine pm. 

576 words

a/n: thank you guys so so much for over 650 reads! this means a lot (especially considering i've just started the book) i also wanted to thank you guys for voting on this story! every vote matters and every vote is greatly appreciated! also, (not that you care but) today was actually a good day, i'm happy.