5

"so, what's with this secret meeting?" i ask, a smile still on my face as the two of us take a seat on the pre-laid towel.

"i wanted to see you again, but just you. i mean don't get me wrong i love having the boys around but we didn't really talk and i-" he stops himself mid-sentence, before looking at me and hoping for some sort of reaction.

"-i feel the same way, flynn. you could have just asked me in front of the guys, they don't really care," i say, with a light chuckle.

noah smiles back and fixes his hair as he takes a deep breath in, "i know but it's nicer this way, a lot quieter that's for sure."

i smile softly as noah turns his head to face me, "so, you  brought me here so we could talk, what do you want to talk about?"

"well, i heard you made the squad this year, is that true?" noah lifts his eyebrows up and stares at me as my cheeks turn a light pink.

"uh yeah, it is. actually, our uh first practice is tomorrow," i say, thinking about how much of mess i know i'm going to be.

"way to go, slinky!" noah says, a sly smile on his face. 

i laugh lightly as his facial expression changes and becomes somewhat softer. i've seen this change in him before but only once and it was years ago, 5 years ago to be exact.

it was seventh grade and we were both invited to kelly's birthday party. the party group was playing seven minutes in heaven and noah and i ended up in the closet together. we didn't do anything physical but we did talk, and for more than seven minutes. he opened about his parents and how they argued all the time and the only thing i really remember was how different he looked when he was talking about it. his expression was much more gentle and not only that but he was just a different person as well. he was so much sweeter and he was so genuine. he's not a total ass at school but right then i could tell that that was the noah flynn i wanted to get to know and befriend.

before continuing, noah pauses and takes a moment to himself, "this may not be special to you but it's a big deal to the football players, okay? and you can say no if you want to but please don't, it'll really hurt my feelings." noah pretends to pout as the two of us laugh.

"i don't want to hurt your feelings but what're you talking about, flynn?" i shake my head as i try to think of what he could possibly be talking about but nothing comes to mind.

"so every football player on the team has to have a partner on the squad that decorates their locker, walks out onto the field with them, you know...things like that. and usually it's just random, but if a cheerleader gets asked by someone on the team then it's allowed so...slinky?" he raises his eyebrows and smirks at me, he already knows i'm going to say yes.

at this moment, my cheeks turn a dark shade of red and i'm sure that even in the dark, noah knows i'm blushing. since i'm the type of girl who obsesses over the little things, my heart is beating at a million times a minute. 

i smile widely at him and nod my head yes, "of course, noah." he doesn't wait a second more before wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me into him, embracing me in a tight side hug.

i laugh before pulling away and looking at him once again, "but i have to ask, why me? don't you know literally every other girl on the squad?" not that i'm not happy that he asked me it's just weird considering the fact he's the  most popular guy in school and he already knows all of the other cheerleaders.

"well slinky, you see-"

before he can even finish his sentence, my phone goes off and i can tell it's my mom calling. without hesitation, i hold up my finger to noah and pick up the phone, "hello?"

"y/n, can you come home?" it's my younger brother, lucas. 

"uh lucas i'm kind of busy right now i-" immediately, he starts to whine and complain. i roll my eyes and sigh, i know exactly why he wants me to come home. "alright alright, i'll be there in a few, okay?"

i hang up the phone and focus my attention back on noah, a sour, sad expression on both of our faces as i begin to stand up, "i'm sorry flynn, but i have to go m-my little brother needs me to do something for him."

i bend down to grab my phone and so does noah. our hands touch but i'm quick to pull my phone away, not wanting things to get awkward. "don't worry about it, but uh thanks."

"thanks for what?" i ask, slowly beginning to walk to my car.

noah walks alongside me and smiles shyly at me, "for wanting to be my partner."

"oh right, duh," i say, face palming myself and earning a goofy grin from noah. 

we keep walking for a little while and eventually we reach both of our cars, "are you free tomorrow?" he asks, catching me by surprise.

"the boys and i are going to six flags but, if you want you can come with us," i say, quietly but with confidence.

his smile widens as he nods his head yes, "that sounds perfect."

"we're meeting up at grayson's house at nine so don't be late, okay?" i walk to my car door as noah opens the door for me.

"see you then...slinky," he says smoothly as his hand lands on my shoulder and slowly brushes down my back before noah takes off himself, leaving me with the memories of what just happened.

1009 words

a/n: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR 7.3K READS I LOVE Y'ALL. i'm honestly so sorry i've been so inactive but i've been really busy and i sort of forget about this story but i'm happy i'm slowly starting to get back into it!! i hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas of what you want to happen just let me know!! 

ALSO

i'm going to be starting a peter kavinsky x oc fanfic so if you have seen/like 'to all the boys i've loved before' STAY TUNED AND GET READY