4

i hug my grandparents goodbye as ollie, lucas, my mom, and my other mom get into the car.

i look around and see the stares of people walking past us, i know they're judging my parents. not that i care but it bothers me that they have a problem with my family. i know my brothers and i, well also my moms and i, are a little different, especially considering the fact that ollie, lucas, i are related to both of our moms. yes, i have a dad but no, i don't speak with him. my only true parents are my moms.

my grandparents wave goodbye as they drive off in their car and we get into our own. 

"should i just leave the car here mom?" ollie asks one of our moms, fiona. we call our other mom, katherine, momma. 

"yeah i think so oll-"

"what uh, can i borrow the car, tonight?" i ask.

ollie raised his eyebrows at me. "sure hon," mom replies back.

i hopped out of our minivan and got into mine and ollie's car, i would need to drive it back home if i wanted to use it for tonight.

i flick ollie off and stick my tongue out at lucas as i drive off and head back home, it's a pretty short drive.

once i pull up in the driveway i feel my phone buzz, it's a text message from noah.

noah:

don't forget, 9 o'clock at the beach 

you:

don't worry, i'll be there

noah:

good, i'll see you in 30 

i smile to myself as i hop out of the car and walk into the house. i go up to my room and throw on a blue and red striped crop top and a pair of jean shorts. i leave my messy hair down and lie down on my bed, impatiently waiting for nine o'clock to roll around.

"knock knock knock, can i come in?"

"door's open," i call out. 

as he opens the door, ollie replies back, "why do you need the car tonight? hot date or something?"

"not exactly, just going out that's all," i say, chuckling. 

"anyone i'd know?" 

i slightly blush, not knowing if i should say anything or not, "uh I-i think you might know him but i don't know f-for sure."

"fine, don't tell me. whatever have fun, dork," ollie says as he walks out, shaking his head and slightly laughing to himself. 

i laugh as well as he leaves the room and i check my phone, it's already 8:57. 

i mumble a curse word under my breath as a grab my phone and run towards the front door, stopping to put on my shoes and grab my car keys. "i'll be back before curfew!" i shout out to no one in particular as i run out of the house. 

the beach is only a quick five to seven minute drive away so before i know it, i'm there. i get out of the car and see a familiar tall figure sitting on the beach.  smiling to myself, I slowly make my way over there.

"you're late, slinky," noah says, a smile on his face.

i can't help but to return the smile, "i know i know, i'm sorry, flynn."

"it's okay," noah says, pausing for a moment. he stands up and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear as he opens his mouth to speak once more. "i'm just glad you're here."

579 words

a/n: guys im honestly so so so so so so so sorry i haven't been updating but hello i'm back! thank you all so much for 5.4k+ reads! also, thanks for voting! if you like the story/chapters please continue to vote, it means a lot! i miss writing so if it all works out i'll definitely be posting a lot more and i'll start other stories as well! p.s, i'm probs gonna make "slinky" a cheerleader.