♔ E L E V E N ♔

Waverly woke up to the buzzing of her phone. Slowly and reluctantly, she uncovered her face from her fuzzy blankets. Waverly blinked, closed her eyes, and blinked again. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and blinded her, causing her to groan and rub at her eyes. She slowly sat up, and dragged her feet off the bed, and scrubbed the heel of her palm across her face in an attempt to wake herself up. Stretching her arms above her head, she yawned loudly then groaned in pain.

Waverly grabbed her phone off the night stand and gasped when she saw the time, "It's 12:42!" She didn't expect she would have slept for that long, so she looked through her notifications and saw a few text messages from Nicole, which made a smile creep onto her face.

N: Finally decided to text me, I see.
N: How are you doing Miss Earp.

Waverly would have answered her, but she was momentarily distracted from the smell of pancakes wafting through her closed door. She put her phone in her hoodie pocket and walked down stairs, eyes searching for who ever was making such good smelling food.

"Wynonna did you make pancakes!?" Waverly yelled from the stair case, hands gripping the rail as she waited for a response.

"You think me, out of all the people on this planet, can make pancakes?" Wynonna scoffed playfully once Waverly made it to the dining room.

"Mm, good point." Waverly laughed heartily, but felt a little disappointed there were no pancakes.

"But me and Doc went to get breakfast earlier, I saved you some." Wynonna smiled as she handed Waverly a leftovers box with two fluffy pancakes inside.

"You and Doc huh?" Waverly raised an eyebrow, as she dug into her food. Wynonna rolled her eyes as she sat next to Waverly.

"Shut up!" Wynonna very lightly punched Waverly on the arm making Waverly flinch.

"So, what are you doing today?" Waverly asked batting Wynonna hand away when she tried to take a piece of her pancake.

"I'm going to the station in a little bit." Wynonna responded lazily, shrugging one of her shoulders.

"Why? It's Saturday. Isn't it?" Waverly looked up, tilting her head a bit. She really just wanted to spend the day with her sister... didn't Nicole probably have the day off?

"I have a case, remember?"

"What's the case? Maybe I can help."

"No.. you still have to rest."

"C'mon Wynonna! That's not fair.. all I've been doing is resting." Waverly crossed her arms and did the best baby face she could possibly make.

"Doctors orders, not mine."

"Well, the doctor isn't here."

"Just relax today, okay? When I get home tonight we can watch or movie or something."

"Fiiiiiine." Waverly sighed, then realized she didn't text Nicole back, so she quickly pulled out her phone and started typing.

W: I'm doing just fine Miss Haught.
W: Although I might die from boredom lol

Three dots instantly popped up.