♔ T W E N T Y - T W O ♔

Waverly was curled tightly into Nicole's chest, the brunette's breathe warmed the fabric of Nicole's shirt. Waverly's legs were hooked around the gingers and her eyes were closed. The couch wasn't all too big but it could hold them like this. The day had been hard and long, they were both grateful as ever that it was over.

Waverly wasn't asleep, her eyes were closed and fluttered every so often. Her delicate hands brushed the collar of Nicole's shirt between her fore and middle finger. Nicole had to pull her chin in to look at Waverly, kissing her temple and laying her cheek on Waverly's head. There wasn't anything to say and there was nothing worth saying. This was worth a thousand words. The air was still, with only background noise of the ceiling fan in a lull, and Michele and Wynonna's low mumbling from the kitchen.

Nicole's back was against the backing of the couch and twisted around her frame. Her hand that slid its way under Waverly's shirt brushed soft circles on the exposed skin of her hip and Nicole's left arms curled underneath her. Waverly's breasts were flush up against Nicole's ribs and radiated an astonishing warmth.

The gingers mind wandered, but always fell right back down to the strong stubborn woman tucked away into her.

"Sleepy?" Nicole asked, she craned Waverly's neck in to see her again. The brunette didn't open her eyes.

"Hm." Waverly shook her forehead that was pressed under Nicole's collar bone and moved her arm to hook under and around the gingers shoulder. Her left leg hitched around Nicole's thigh and her heel dug into the back of the cops knee. Her back was almost off over the end of the couch, she couldn't be that comfortable.

"Wanna move to the bed?" Nicole said at a relatively normal volume. Waverly's small hand went to Nicole's neck.

"Mm?" Waverly was too tired to respond. She was caught by surprise when Nicole slid an arm beneath Waverly's legs and stood up with the brunette pulled against her chest.

"Just sleep." Nicole whispered as she carried Waverly to her bed. Waverly's body was tightly pressed against Nicole's and the ginger could feel Waverly's soft breathing against her neck as her head rested on Nicole's shoulder. This simple fact made Nicole blush.

Once they were in Waverly's bedroom Nicole set Waverly down in her bed so she can go to sleep. But when Nicole let her go, Waverly's grip around Nicole's neck didn't loosen.

"Waves . . ?"

"Mhmm?"

" . . uh . . ." Nicole managed to pull away a bit, enough for her to be able to look at waverly in the face. The ginger was going to go home, since she needed to grab a pair of extra clothes, and pick up some papers for work. Also, it's been ages since she had seen Calamity Jane.

Their faces were inches apart. Waverly still had her eyes closed so she was unaware of this fact, Nicole on the other hand, was completely different.

The ginger just stared at her for a while to admire and observe her. Waverly's skin was illuminated by the moonlight coming through her window as her messy brown hair framed her face.

Nicoles eyes wandered down to her lips. She really did like the taste of Waverly's soft straw-berry scented lips. She slowly leaned closer to the brunette and kissed her lightly on the lips.

"Goodnight Waves." Nicole muttered, she was about to leave but suddenly, Nicole felt Waverly shift and an arm that now wrapped itself around her neck.

"Don't leave." Waverly mumbled, pulling Nicole closer.

Maybe if I wake up early enough, I'll have time to get my stuff before work. Nicole thought, as she started to take off her pants and bra which left her in her underwear and an over-sized t-shirt.