Ch.1: The Barista

Y/n's pov

I woke up feeling like absolute shit as usual and the only cure for that would be a big cup of coffee from Starbucks. So I got out of bed and I threw on the first clothes I saw, which was a green champion hoodie and a pair of black jeans. I combed my short hair so I would at least look semi decent and then slid on my checkered vans. My feet dragged as I walked towards the front door like a zombie and groaned since I was still trying to wake up. The weather outside was warm yet cold and the sun was barely up. I looked at the time on my phone, it was 5:06 am.
"Why the hell do I wake up so early? Ughh my life!", I said kicking the pebbles in my drive way.
"Good morning Y/n!", my neighbor Jihyo said cheerfully as she got the newspaper from here lawn.
"What a bitch", I whispered as I gave her a weak wave and got in my car.
I drove off in a worse mood then I was in since I hate how someone could be so happy and beautiful in the morning when I'm over here with bags under my eyes and a resting depressed face. I just sighed and kept my eyes on the road.

*At Starbucks*
I walked throw the doors and was hit with that wonderful smell of freshly brewed coffee and pastries. I went in line and my eyes went wide when I saw the barista poor a cup of coffee. I was starting to daze until the employee at the front called out to me.
"Umm sir, you're next"
"Ughh", I groaned because I hate being assumed by other people as a guy.
"I'm actually a wom- ya know what why should I even bother? Can I get a grande (your fav coffee)?"
"Yeah of course. Your name?"
"It's Y/n", I replied.
"Oh... you're a... I'm so sorry for mistaking you as a~"
"No it's alright"
"I'm sorry again", he said sincerely.

I walked over to a table and sat as I waited for my coffee. Since I was still barely awake, my genius self thought it would be a great idea to close my eyes for a bit resulting me to fall asleep. As I was out for I don't know how long I suddenly felt someone's finger tapping my shoulder.
"Hmm? Stop that's sexual harassment", I mumbled as I was still in a half awake and half asleep state. I then heard a small giggle and my eyes shot open. My gaze landed on a beautiful woman, I smiled shyly and face palmed myself mentally as I realized I made a complete fool of myself already.
"Hello are you alright?", the girl asked waving a hand to get my attention.
"I-uhh Ha I'm sorry", I replied as I started the back of my head.
"It's okay. Here's your coffee sir", she said handing me the cup.
"Th-thanks", I said giving her a warm smile.

She walked away, going to the back of the counter. I sat there still puzzled and embarrassed on what just happened. I shrugged and took a sip of my coffee. Then I remembered what the girl said to me ~Here's your coffee sir~ it echoed in my head and I almost choked . 
"Great just great *sigh* the cute barista thinks I'm a dude", I said to myself.

Nayeon's pov

After my strange encounter with the guy that fell asleep, I went back behind the counter to do my job. As I was wiping down the glass of the pastry case I noticed the guy just staring down at his cup. It seemed like he was having a conversation in his head judging by his facial expressions.
~hmm cute~ I thought.
He suddenly averted his gaze to me and I quickly turned my head to focus on what I was doing. After a minute or two I looked back and met his eyes. I felt my cheeks heat up a bit and he smiled at me again. I gave him a small smile and looked away feeling nervous for some reason.

Y/n's pov

"Wow she smiled back. Ehh she could just be being friendly", I said in my head. "Or maybe she's flirting?" My mind started to drift off again but I quickly snapped out of it and looked at the time.
"Crap it's already 7:30 am. Have I really been at Starbucks for two hours? Wow that's sad", I said as I got up from my seat. As I was about to leave I debated whether or not to maybe ask out the barista. I should. Nah. Yes. No.
"Ahh Y/n make up your damn mind", I whisper yelled to myself.
"Ehh fuck it. What have I got to lose anyways?"
I made my way back to the counter and grabbed a napkin and a pen that was next to the cash register. I scribbled a few things down then folded the napkin.
"Hey umm do you think you can give this to that girl over there?", I said pointing to the cute girl that gave me my coffee earlier.
"Oh you mean Nayeon?"
"Ah that's her name? Yeah to her"
"Okay I'll give it to her", he said taking the napkin from me.
Soon after that I left and went back home to do something productive.

Nayeon's pov

As I was making a frappuccino, I heard my name being called. I turned around and went towards the front counter.
"What's up Jimin?"
"Uhh some guy left this for you", he said handing me a napkin.
"Did you read it?"
"Of course I did", he said earning a slap on the shoulder from me.
"You ass... is it something good?"
"Real good", he smirked while wiggling his eyebrows.
"Aren't you gonna read it? C'mon that guy was hot"
"You have a boyfriend Jimin"
"Jungkook doesn't mind geez", he rolled his eyes.
"Whatever... I'm gonna talk my twenty minute break right now if that's alright with you"
"Go ahead. Oh and Nayeon?"
"Hmm?", I hummed.
"If that guy comes back you better ask him out or I will"
"Maybe, I'm gonna see what this says first", I said holding up the napkin.

I sat in a booth and was anxious to see what the napkin said. I took a few deep breaths and finally opened it. My eyes skimmed through the note while a smile formed on my face. The note said:
Hey, I think you're really beautiful and I wanted to ask if you would like to go out some time? Sorry for not asking you in person I'm shy. -Y/n

"Aww that's adorable"
"What the hell Jimin", I looked over my shoulder and glared at him.
"I thought you already read it?"
"I lied. But I was right it is good news"
"Stop intruding in my personal life", I said shoving the napkin into my pocket.
"What personal life? A guy just finally asked you out today"
"I hate you so much"
"No you don't", he said going back to the register.
"Huh so Y/n is his name. Adorable."

Hi everyone, so I'm back with another new story and I have a lot more ideas. I'm also gonna be writing way more so expect a lot more chapters coming. I hope you all like this chapter and the plot. Byes for now.