Ch.3: Unknown Problems

Y/n pov

I woke up all grumpy like any other day, but then I soon realized that I am hopefully going to see Nayeon at Starbucks again. I got out of bed quickly and darted to the bathroom. After freshening up I threw on some clothes and checked herself in the mirror.
"Wow I look good for once"

I then grabbed my keys and left the  house, skipping and feeling all giddy. As I got into my car, my neighbor said hi to me again and of course that turned my smile into a scowl.
"Ugh Jihyo really needs to leave me alone", I said as I pulled out of the driveway.

*At Starbucks*

"Ah~ get it together Y/n! You can do this", I told myself as I breathed in and out trying to get a hold of myself.
I slowly reached for the handle of the coffee shops door and walked inside. The bell on the door chimed and all of the employees eyes landed on me. I looked around and no other customers were in sight, my attention soon went to the ordering counter and I saw a guy smiling widely at me.
"Hello! What would you like today?"
"Oh hi Uhmm can I get a (your fav drink)"
"Yeah of course, your order will be ready in a few", he said in a sing song voice as I handed him the money.
I walked over to a table and sat down. My eyes then traveled to the ordering counter where I saw the overly joyful guy skipping towards Nayeon?!? He then whispered something into her ear and Nayeon then looked my way which caused me to put my head down. I felt my cheeks getting warmer and my heart beat start to quicken. I sat there wondering what that guy said to her and if maybe her and him are a thing?
My thoughts were then interrupted by an unexpected hello. I looked up and saw the counter guy towering over me.
"Uhm hi again? What's up?", I said confused.
"Well my friend over there is really shy and is nervous to talk to you", he said as he pointed to Nayeon and I chuckled.
"Same here, I guess we're both the shy type"
"Ha I guess so. Welp I'm Jimin, Nayeon's bestie, co-worker, and wingman", he said and held out his hand which I gladly shook.
"Nayeon!!! Get your ass over here!!", Jimin yelled out while smiling.

I heard a few sounds coming from the back and then after a few seconds Nayeon came out with her head down, clearly embarrassed.
"What the hell is on your apron?", Jimin laughed.
"I spilled a cappuccino on myself because YOU startled me", she said emphasizing the you.
"Clumsy ass", Jimin whispered as he walked away from us.

Both of our heads were down and one of us didn't dare make eye contact. I fiddled with my hands and we were engulfed in awkward silence. She kept rocking herself back and forth on her heels obviously waiting for me to say something first. I lifted my head and began to talk.
"S-so uhmm quite the morning experience huh?"
Her eyes met mine and she gave me a cute bunny smile.
"Yeah I'm sorry about Jimin over there", she said rubbing the back of her neck.
"No worries... uhh anyways did you perhaps get my uhmm note?"
"I did..."
"I made a mistake on it. I'm sorry"
"What do you mean?", she said and her eyes looked kinda sad.
"I forgot to add my number", I smiled as I got up.
I saw her eyes widened as I came closer to her. A laugh escaped my lips as I walked past her to grab my drink that was waiting on the counter. I grabbed a pen and wrote my number on a napkin. I looked over and saw that she was still in the same spot as she was in.
"Uhm hey you okay?", I said as I tapped her shoulder which in response she slightly jumped.
"Y-yeah I'm fine"
"Okay good. Here you go", I said as I handed her the napkin.
"Why do you always give me napkins?", she said with a pout.
"I'm sorry is it too cliche for you? Cuz I can take it back", I smiled as I reached for the napkin in her hand.
"N-no no it's perfectly fine", she replied while swatting my hand away.
I giggled as she acted so child like which was really cute. We stood there and chatted for awhile until I felt my phone buzz. I ignored it the first time, but it kept going off. I checked my phone and saw tons of text messages from the group chat with Sana and Jeongyeon.
"Well Nayeon I have to go. My friends won't leave me alone", I said putting my phone back in my pocket.
"Oh that's okay, I should get back to my job anyways", she said with a heart warming smile.
"See ya later alligator", I said but then soon mentally face palmed myself.
"After awhile crocodile", she replied with a chuckle then disappeared to the back of the counter. I just smiled like an idiot and drank the rest of my drink. After I finished, I walked out of the coffee shop. I got in my car and almost started the engine when my phone suddenly rang.
(Bold letters mean a phone call)
Y/n!! Finally you answer geez!! So how'd it go with your little girly friend?!?

Can you stop yelling god! My ears are literally ringing.

Stop over exaggerating and tell us!!

Us? Who are you with?

The whole squad!!

Ugh where are you guys at? I'll just meet up with you guys cuz I am not willing to her your annoying squeaky voice over the phone.

RUDE!!! We're all at Mina's house so get over her quick. We're all dying to know what happened.

Alright I'm on my way right now. I'll be there in a few. Buh-bye Minatozaki!

(Call ended)

*At Mina's House*

I walked up to Mina's porch and gladly just let myself in through the front door.
"What's up fuckers?", I said startling all of them.
"Jesus Y/n you almost gave me a heart attack!!", Chaeyoung said breathing fast.
"Sorry shorty", I laughed as I patted her head and she glared at me.
"Learn how to knock Y/LN", Mina said walking into her living room with snacks.
"Aye Y/n sit down and spill", Sana said as she grabbed me and pushed me on the couch.

They all stared at me intensely, waiting for me to start talking. Jeongyeon grabbed a handful of popcorn and shoved it into her mouth as she looked at me and I gave her a strange look.
"Ugh you guys always judge me", Jeongyeon mumbled as she chewed.
"Can you just tell us?!? I'm getting impatient", Sana groaned.
"Yeah Y/n tell us please~", Tzuyu poked my cheek and gave me puppy eyes.
"Ughh do I have to? Last time I checked it's none of your guys' business"
"Y/n if you don't tell us I'm going to physically hurt you", Tzuyu said making a fist.
"Uh oh evil maknae has been released", Mina said hugging her penguin stuffed animal tightly.
"Okay okay... so I went to Starbucks and ordered my drink. One of the employees named Jimin came up to talk to me and said his friend was really shy to talk to me. He then called her over, me and her talked for a little and I gave her my number and left", I said with a shrug.
"Wait did you say Jimin?!?", Jeongyeon yelled standing up.
"Yeah why?"
"What's the problem Jeong?", we all said.
"He's that son of a bitch that Jungkook cheated on me with", Jeongyeon said sounding pissed.
"That was awhile ago though", Sana said pointing out the obvious.
"It was three months ago you ass"
"Okay calm down, I thought you were over it?", Chaeyoung said.
"I'm not over it!! It still hurts!!", Jeongyeon said tearing up.
"We didn't know Jeong. You didn't really talk about it so we thought you didn't care", Mina softly said and tried to hug her.
Jeongyeon pushed Mina away and grabbed her purse.
"See this is why I don't share my emotions with you guys!! You always try to hug me!!"
"Come here Jeong", I said.
"No I will not! I'm leaving!"
"You need a hug dude", Sana said walking up to Jeongyeon.
"Ugh fine", she said opening her arms.
Sana was about to go in for the hug when Jeongyeon ran to the door.
"Ha missed me with that sympathy shit!", she yelled as she ran out the front door.
"I feel bad now", I sighed and looked down.
"Hey you didn't know", Tzuyu said rubbing my back.
"I wonder where she's going?", Mina muttered while looking out the window.
"Probably going to cry at McDonald's while eating a McFlurry like always"
"Wow Sana that's a little harsh", Chaeyoung replied as she laughed.
"Huhh we're horrible friends", Sana said as she sat back down.
"Anyways, Y/n what's the girls name?", Mina asked turning her attention towards me.
"Sana and Jeong didn't tell you guys?", I asked and they all shook their heads indicating a no.
"Well her name is Nayeon and~"
"What?!?", Mina and Chaeyoung yelled as they looked from me to each other.
"Oh god don't tell me you guys have beef with her", I sighed as I threw my head back.
Mina and Chaeyoung both looked overwhelmed and nervous.
"Ugh what is it now??", Sana said while rolling her eyes.
I stared at the both of them as they looked into each other's eyes.
"Uhmm hello earth to lovebirds", Tzuyu said snapping her fingers on their faces.

After a few seconds of complete silence, Chaeyoung took a deep breath.
"Y/n you're not gonna like what we have to say"
"Out with it you two!", I said getting worried.
"Nayeon is homophobic"
"WHAT!!"

Heyo! I'm back with a new chapter. I hope you guys like the story so far and yes there is michaeng and I will add other kpop ships as the story goes on. Oh and sorry for not updating in awhile, but I'll try to update more since I have a lot more ideas for this book. Byes!!!