Ch.4: The Truth

Mina's pov

Once Y/n said the name of the girl she likes my stomach dropped. I looked over to Chaeyoung and she had the same facial expression as me. I couldn't find the words to tell Y/n the truth, this is going to hurt her. Chaeyoung then started to talk and then she finally released the bombshell.
"Nayeon is homophobic"
"WHAT!!"
"Wait wait hold on! But her friend Jimin is gay. He's dating Jungkook. This makes no sense", Sana said with a confused face.
"Yeah what she said", Y/n nodded over to Sana.
"She's fine with gay guys, but she doesn't like gay girls", I sadly squeaked out.
"Maybe it's a different Nayeon?"
"Y/n, I remember her from high school and she was...and I guess still is best friends with a Jimin", I sighed.
"But how do you guys know?", Y/n said in an anxious voice.
"Well it all started back in high school~"
"Oh shit here comes a story! Jeong really missed out", Sana said cutting me off while opening up a bag of chips.
"As I was saying, it was in high school ya know when me and Chaeng met. We were secretly dating back then and~", I said but started tearing up.
"Do you want me to finish it for you, babe?", Chaeyoung softy said while caressing my hand and I nodded.
"One time Nayeon saw Mina and I kissing under the bleachers by the field. And after that day she would come up to us and say awful things, she made our lives miserable. Spreading rumors, exposing our relationship, her whole posey ganging up on us, and outing us to the whole school", Chaeyoung said trying to keep herself together.
"Why haven't you ever told me about this?", Y/n said with tears brimming her eyes.
"We wanted our hurtful past to stay in the past", I replied.

It started to get extremely quiet. Sana and Tzuyu ate snacks as they looked at us interested in what will happen next. Chaeyoung kept her hand intertwined with mine as we both stared at Y/n. She looked hurt. I feel horrible for telling her, but she really did deserve to know. I tried thinking of things to say then Sana talked. Phew talk about a life saver.
"Hey maybe she changed? It's been a few years. You never know"
"That's true, give her a second chance to prove herself?", Tzuyu said shrugging.
"Yeah possibly", I said.
"I don't know guys. Nayeon really hurt you two and~"
"Y/n, she was a teenager back then and I've forgiven her", Chaeyoung said surprising the hell out of me.
"Oh really?!? After all the shit she put us through!!", I yelled clearly ticked off.
"Honey please, it was in the past... just let it go. For Y/n's sake"
"I'll try but if she hurts you! You tell me so I can kick her~"
"Mina you won't be doing shit with those noodle arms", Sana laughed and I gave her a dirty glare.
"I've never seen you this happy over a girl before Y/n and I don't want this to ruin that", Chaeyoung said sincerely while hugging Y/n.
"But she thinks I'm a guy and now I find this out, it just lowers my chances"
"Dude Jeong and I told you what to do! Don't you remember the plan?!?", Sana said loudly.
"What plan?", I interjected.
"It's stupid forget it", Y/n sighed.
"No I wanna hear it, Sana spill", I said as I plopped down next to her.

Y/n's pov

I sat there in a daze as Sana was telling Mina the 'genius plan' her and Jeongyeon created for me. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were just patting my back making me feel way worse then I actually was. I was deep in thought until I saw a hand waving in my face, it was Sana's.
"Yoo-hoo! Y/n!"
"What?", I responded.
"The plan could actually work", Mina said with an expressionless face.
"But what if~"
"No what ifs Y/n! Just do it", Sana said rolling her eyes.
"If you think it will affect Mina and I, I guarantee it won't...right Mina?", Chaeyoung said looking over to her girlfriend.
"Yeah of course it won't"
"I guess I could give her another chance"
"Plus what you're doing is no better than what she did, but if your plan succeeds you got yourself a future wife", Tzuyu added.
"Huhh I know", I said running my hand through my hair.
"Do it for you", Sana said seriously.
"Ugh could we change the topic?"
"Not until you agree Y/ln", Mina said while pointing at me.
"Okay okay I agree. Happy?"
"Very. Now all of you leave"
"Mina that's unfair!!!", Tzuyu pouted.
"It's getting late and I have work tomorrow", Mina said standing up.
"I hate you sometimes", Sana said before giving everyone a goodbye hug.
"Alright guys drive safe and~"
"Don't come back", Mina cutted Chaeyoung off.
"Geez work on your people skills Myoi!", Tzuyu yelled while walking out the front door with Sana.
"Alright guys bye", I said heading towards the door.
"Good luck Y/n, I mean it", Mina said with a smile.