SHARK!!

Finally, Matthew and Stephanie got to go on a proper vacation. NOT a work trip,

but a real, actual vacation. They didn't have to worry about anything work related and could just enjoy the place they were at. Another added bonus was unlike their usual non work trips, which usually lasted a day or two, they had a whole week. Also, to add the cherry on top of the cake, THEY WERE IN HAWAII!!! A perfect place for a couple to just escape life for a little bit and just enjoy each other. They also got to stay at a resort and eat at nice restaurants instead of cheap hotels, hostels, and meals out of vending machines and small shops. They finally got a real vacation that they deserved. It wasn't for any special occasion other than they could finally have some alone time together. No employees or livestreams. Just them.

About halfway through the trip, the young couple decided to go snorkeling.

They went to a rental place and got snorkel masks, breathing tubes, flippers, and a brightly colored snorkeling vests. They got down to the shore and put on their gear. It was hard at first to walk out and start swimming in the shallow water, but soon they got far enough away from shore and we're able to swim out into the really deep water.

There were others out their snorkeling with the couple, so they had nothing to worry about. As they continued to swim they were both memorized by all the sea life and coral beneath them. Stephanie and Matthew became so memorized by it that they didn't notice that they had swam away from each other. Stephanie was looking at all the coral and sea life as she swam deeper into the ocean. She couldn't believe how beautiful it all was. She even saw a stingray hanging out at the bottom. Then she noticed a shadow forming over the ocean floor. At first she thought it was a boat, but then she realized boats that big don't come this close to shore. She looked up towards the source of the shadow. Whatever it was it was getting closer.

"What is that?" Stephanie wondered as the mass got closer. Then it finally came into view.

"Oh. My. Gosh." was the only thought Stephanie had as the sight in front of her unfolded.

Meanwhile, Matthew was able to get close to some coral.

"I wish I had an underwater camera." he thought to himself. Then out of nowhere another snorkeler sped fast him just about scaring Matthew half to death and also causing him to swallow some salt water. He poked his head above the water to cough and yell at the person.

"Hey!" he yelled at him. But the snorkeler just kept swimming. Then Matthew noticed that others in the water were swimming as fast as they could towards the shore. Then Matthew saw a large group of people on the beach yelling one thing.

"SHARK!! SHARK!! EVERYONE GET OUT!!" he heard them scream.

"Oh no." thought Matthew. Then he immediately noticed Stephanie was nowhere around him.

"STEPHANIE!!" he screamed looking for his wife. Then as he looked around he saw one lone snorkel tube sticking out of the ocean and only 50 feet from it was a very large fin.

"STEPH!!" Matthew yelled as he began swimming as fast as he could towards his wife. As he got closer he saw that she wasn't moving. Was she frozen in fear? He had to rescue her. The question was how? He could try calling out again, but you couldn't hear anyone when you are under water, unless they were right next to you. He could try grabbing her, but sudden movements could provoke the shark, causing both of them to get attacked.

     He swam closer still trying to figure out how to save her. The fin was huge, it had to be a great white. But why would a great white come this close to shore? Then the fin went under water. Matthew started swimming faster expecting to see Stephanie's snorkel get pulled under any second. Matthew was only a few feet away from Stephanie when he saw a fountain of water erupt from the ocean. Then he immediately paused.

"Wait, sharks don't have blowholes." immediately after that he saw a large fin and the iconic humpback of the humpback whale. He breath a sigh of relief. Then it hit him.

"Oh my god! Stephanie is right in front of a whale!" he thought to himself excitedly. Then it disappeared again and a moment later Stephanie's head popped up and she turned and saw Matthew.

"MATT!! DID YOU SEE THAT!?!?" she asked enthusiastically.

"I DID!" he shouted back. Then they swam towards each other and finally met.
"Oh my gosh, I can NOT believe that just happened." said Steph as she got closer to Matthew. However Matthew just pulled her into a tight hug. Stephanie hugged him back, but was surprised when she let go and he didn't.

"Matt? You okay bud." she asked. He pulled away still holding on to her.

"Sorry, everyone else thought it was a shark and when I saw you I thought you froze in fear, so I swam out here to rescue you." he said. Stephanie laughed and locked her hands behind his neck.

"Well thank you honey. And I promise I will never freeze in fear. Especially when I'm carrying precious cargo." she said giggling and placing a hand on her small baby bump. Matthew smiled and did the same thing.

"Good, cause that almost gave me a heart attack." he said. They both laughed some more.

"Also let's agree to stick together from now on when we swim in the ocean like this." said Stephanie.

"I can agree to that." said Matthew. Then they leaned in and gave each other a quick peck on the lips.

"Come on, lets head back. I think that was enough excitement for one day." said Stephanie. Then the couple swam back to shore.