Day 1: Arriving at The Grand Hotel

"Thank you for choosing The Grand Hotel at Piltover. Your three-bedroom suite is located on the top floor of the main building, with an ocean view. The facilities-"

"It's not like I had a choice of where to say," I snapped and snatched the three keys and hotel guide from the clerk.

"Sorry, my sister's in a bad mood," Cass apologized.

"Katarina's always in a bad mood," Talon added.

The hotel clerk smiled gently and wished for us to have a nice stay, but how was that possible when the lobby was filled with people from the Institute of War?

"God damn this stupid lottery," I growled and stomped toward the elevator, dragging my small black suitcase. Cass and Talon followed quickly, saying hi to our acquaintances as the moved. 

"We shouldn't have come," I complained very unhappily as we waited for the elevator to come. "I came here ready for a relaxing vacation in one of Runeterra's best cities, not for Garen to laugh at my black sundress or for Darius and Draven to stare at me disapprovingly."

"Sorry Kat, none of us knew that the Noxian-Ionian Treaty was held here too," Cass murmured.

"I should've just came with Darius and Draven. Look at them, they're going to annoy me about cancelling my position in the Treaty conference. Jesus, I declined the offer to have my voice heard at that conference just to end up at the same place," I continued with my rant.

"It's okay to go on a vacation, Kat. Darius and Draven will understand. You've attended all the other conferences anyway, Try-Hard." Talon rolled his eyes.

"Okay, but what about Garen? You saw how he judged my dress. He looked at me with a face of disgust," I pointed out.

"You guys broke up anyway, you don't have to care about his opinions," Cass said.

I thought about Cass' statement and stopped talking, but just as I was finally pulling myself together, the elevator door opened and out came Emilia LeBlanc and Swain.

"Katarina?" They both exclaimed.

"What, you're going to judge me for taking a break too?" I snapped, narrowing my eyes.

"Relax, little lady. No one's judging you. Calm your assassin instincts and enjoy your vacation," Emilia purred and showed me her large cocktail glass.

"Exactly, you've worked so hard for the past few years, even your dad would approve of your vacation," Talon sighed, then entered the elevator after Emilia and Swain exited.

I remained quiet as we rode the elevator up to the fifteenth floor. Although Piltover was known for its cityscape, our hotel was a big mansion-like building on the beach, not a hundred-floor downtown hotel that rose well above the steam and into the sky.

"I'm so excited!" Cass squealed as I opened the door to our suite.

"I call the ocean view room," I chirped.

"Idiot, you can see the ocean from all the bedrooms," Talon replied.

Talon told the truth, as usual, and we picked the two rooms in the corners and Cass picked the one between ours. Assassins preferred the corners, probably.

"Well, it's lunch soon. Got any preferences, ladies?" Talon asked, snuggling into the big couch in the living room. He had thrown his blue cape on the floor and was in a white cotton T-shirt and black shorts.

"You're sweating onto the couch, you disgusting little boy!" Cass yelped and pushed Talon off the couch.

"How about that grill beside the pool?" I suggested, pointing at the pool outside the window. It was a big outdoor pool with waterslides beside the beach.