Day 1: Swimming Pool Plans

Syndra and I attracted quite a few looks when we walked around the main pool to look for two beach chairs. She wore a dark purple bandeau bikini and I in a black triangle bikini.

We finally found two chairs beside the kid's pool, put our bags on the circular wooden table between the chairs, and sat down.

"See, Kat? We've already won the battle. See how many boys are swooning over us?" Syndra said slyly as she tied her white hair into a high ponytail. I fashioned mine into a thick, high braid.

"They're swooning over my abs, dummy. They wish they're as muscular as I am," I replied, "Also, you already have Zed."

"No, they're swooning over your curves, dummy," Syndra said, rolling her eyes, and asked me to put sunscreen on her back. I took the tube and squeezed it all over her back and laughed evilly.

"Hey, I asked you to rub it properly, not dump it on my back," Syndra said, then rubbed some off her back and transferred it onto mine. "You're going to act nicely at the pool, okay? If Garen comes, you're going to seduce him."

"No, I won't seduce him. I'll leave the pool," I said.

"But you're Katarina! Katarina doesn't run away from trouble; she bolts straight in," Syndra pointed out. That was true.

"But Katarina knows that Garen isn't a problem that she can solve by running in," I pouted.

"That's because you still like him!" Syndra chirped cheerfully, drawing hearts in the air.

"Last one at the entrance to the blue waterslide has to drink an extra shot tonight," I declared, switching the subject, and ran. We decided earlier that we would have a girls-night today, after Zed finally agreed to sacrifice, only if Talon kept his promise to go to a downtown bar tonight with him. Talon hated clubs, but for Zed's sake and for Syndra to not kill him, he agreed.

"That wasn't far," Syndra gasped when she finally caught up to me at the entrance to the waterslide.

"Yeah, I don't care about fairness," I said, grinning, and climbed up the stairs, Syndra behind me.

The flight was long, approximately five floors tall. Syndra was exhausted by the time we reached the line-up. The rules at the pool didn't allow anyone to use magic or other equipment to move around, so Syndra couldn't ride her spheres.

"I'm not fit like you, okay?" she gasped. "Never make me climb that again."

"Get Zed to train you. You'll have abs with quality almost comparable to mine, and you'll have men envy them at the pool too," I barked, laughing loudly.

"What a stupid way to attract men," a soft feminine voice cooed from behind me, and it didn't sound like Syndra.

"Look who's here! What brought you to Piltover? Another model agency?" Syndra asked, grabbing Ahri's hands excitedly.

"Karma did," Ahri sighed, "She's busy with Ionia's events so she couldn't come. Therefore, she sent me to voice my opinion at this Noxus-Ionia conference thing or whatever instead."

"Wow, so you're skipping a conference or something? I don't see Swain or Emilia running around half-naked at the swimming pool," I said.

"No, dumb girl," Ahri hissed, "There's no meeting scheduled today."

"Is there a meeting tomorrow, then?" Syndra asked.

"There's one tomorrow evening, so I plan to sleep in tomorrow morning," Ahri cooed.

"Then... can you help me with something?" Syndra asked, begging, almost, that I could see sparkles coming out of her eyes. Ahri wasn't normally known to help other people; she was a selfish fox.