Day 2: Family Lunch

"Mmm..." I stretched, rubbed my eyes and asked: "What time is it?"

"Ten in the morning," Ahri replied, showing me the clock, and opened the curtains. I was still lying on the couch. I stretched a bit more then sat up.

"I said I'd have lunch with Talon and Cass!" I exclaimed, suddenly remembering.

"You should get going then, shouldn't you?" Ahri said, smiling, and helped me stand up. I think we grew closer throughout the night, after everyone heard my story and gave me advice.

"I should. Where's the rest of them? I should at least say good morning before I go," I said.

"Irelia's the only one up, and she's in the shower. Syndra and Akali are still sleeping, so you should probably go," Ahri said, "Don't worry, I'll let them know."

"Thanks," I said, paused, then added, "and thanks for your advice."

"No worries," she replied, smiling, "Remember what you have to do when you see Garen again this week, okay? You can do it."

"Okay," I said, giving her a thumbs-up, and left Irelia's suite.

I went back to my suite, heard Talon snore from his room, and saw a sleeping Cass in the living room. Smiling, I turned off the TV where a movie was still playing.

I went into the bathroom in my bedroom and took a quick shower. I was feeling a lot fresher and better compared to yesterday, but I wasn't sure if it was because I finally lifted the rock off my heart, or if it was because of the information Ahri pried from Lux.

I finished the shower and dried my long hair. I completed my morning routine, applying lotion and other skincare products, while waiting for Talon and Cass to wake up and get ready. Cass really wanted to go to a fried food restaurant downtown.

In a knee-length, flowing, sleeveless white dress, and my hair braided and secured in a bun with the hair accessory Garen gave me years ago, I walked out of the bathroom.

"You look so youthful today," Cass said, clapping.

"Thanks," I replied.

"Doesn't suit you at all," Talon smirked. I threw a dagger fiercely at his face. He dodged it, as usual, and the dagger stuck in the wall at an angle.

"Guess the hotel has a new decoration, no?" Talon laughed, panting. "Didn't expect that, Kat."

"I decided to change my appearance, but that doesn't mean I stopped carrying my babies around," I hissed, lifting my skirt to show him my black shorts and daggers held on the leather belts.

"All right, you two. Let's get going, shall we?" Cass said, slithering to the place between Talon and I in hopes that we'd stop arguing. Sometimes, I felt bad that she had to be in this.

"Okay. Let's go," Talon said. He took the lead and walked out of the suite before us. Cass and I looked at each other, sharing the same confused expression.

"He's surprisingly calm today," I said.

"You too," Cass replied.

I looked at her, raising an eyebrow suspiciously.

"Zed and Shen probably knocked something into him last night, as did Syndra and Ahri to you," Cass explained with a gentle smile. "Anyway, let's go."

With that said, Cass slid out of the suite, and I following her. It took me a while to realize what she meant with the boys knocking logic into Talon, but now that I knew, I hoped that he would say something to Irelia.

The three of us walked and slithered out of the hotel and into downtown. I had been to Piltover in the past, but never on a vacation.

Steam came out chimneys of almost every building, and Cass and I stopped briefly at every store we passed. We'd stick our faces to the display glass and marvel at small statues, paintings, antique instruments, and clothes, until Talon became impatient and urged us to keep going.