Fear

Mark's P.o.V

I stumbled away from Jack's bed, and ran out into the woods. I remember moving Felix and Bob out of the way, but everything else was a blur. I just moved to the river to were the man lay. My thoughts jumbled my mind, switching from concern to Jack to the body to the words to whatever the fuck happened to Jack.

I made it to the river, were Midnight was already there, scowling at me as I imerged from the woods.
"Where did you go?" She snapped. "I've been here for a while now waiting for you to get your arse back here."
"Sorry, Mid. I had to check on Jack. Did you not see the words carved onto the guys arm?"
"Whaddya mean? There are no words! Nothing! What was so important that you just had to check on Jack for? This man's body could have been seen or dragged off somewhere! We'd be fucked!"
"What do you mean? Jack's name was carved on the man's arm! Are you blind? Move over."

I hobbled over to the body, inspecting the man's arm again. What? Wait. The words aren't there! What the heck?! Midnight must have seen my confused face, so she pushed me over and snarled.
"See? I told you! Now morph back into your wolf form before someone sees you." She whispered.

Just as she said that, Midnight and I wiped our faces to the woods as a stick snapped and a silent curse was uttered.
"Come out." Midnight snarled, just as Felix, in wolf form, trotted out.
"So this is what happened? Pathetic." He seemed to just have noticed the wounds on the man, as he exclaimed,
"Jesus! Did you guys do this?" He cursed. "Or a no-pack?" He added, slightly more hushed than his previous tone.

I grunted, shooting Felix a 'shut up' look, silencing him immediately. I sighed and looked at Midnight.
"You ready to bury the body?"

She replied with a grunt.
"Change first."

As I morphed into my wolf form, I moved over to Felix and told him to go inform the others what happened. As he pranced off, I went back over to Midnight and grabbed the man's arm with my teeth. Midnight looked around and headed out into the forest.

As I dragged the body, I made a mental note in my head to clean up the blood left behind from the wounds. I felt a pang of guilt for the guy, who might have a family and kids who will never see him again. I pushed the guilt to the back of my head and dragged on, following Mid.

Midnight weaved through the bushes and trees, an odd way to go, but I pegged it up as Ukthunga, or 'scent-weaving'. It disguised our scent from other packs and hunters, so we slipped through the territory undetected. Spy work.

Midnight stopped, and I circled around her, spotting the hole she must have dug earlier. I dropped the body, smelling something funny. Eugh. Mushrooms. They have the weirdest and nastiest smell ever. Don't like them; not one bit.

"Nasty mushrooms," I cringed and shook my head, a habit. "Is this why you picked this spot?" She nodded and nabbed the man's hand, dragging him into the hole. We started to put the dirt back into the little ditch, burying the body.

As we finished up, I stepped back and closed my eyes. I heard Midnight do the same, and I let the sad thoughts take hold of my mind. I started to howl, something we always did when we lost brethren to hunters or nature. I heard howls farther away, probably the others back at the cabin. Midnight started to howl as well, and I swear I heard a whimper coming from the bushes.

As the howls died off, I looked to Midnight.
"Let's get going." She nodded and made her way to the cabin. I didn't immediately follow, as I listen around me, searching for the source of the whimper I thought I heard. I heard nothing, so I looked around, searching for a pelt belonging to something. I saw nothing, nor did I smell anything, so I trotted off towards the cabin.

As I was heading to the river to clean all the blood up, I heard a whoosh, and I was tackled from behind. Fear and adrenaline shot through me, but soon turned into a growl and anger as I thumped on the ground, yipping. I felt teeth on my neck, and I growled and flipped over, tearing the attacker's teeth off me and a surprised yelp coming from them. I threw them off of me and barked. "ARGH! YOU!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
*kicks down the wattpad door*
*screams*
I'M BACK! Hey! Sorry for not posting earlier, I was working on a little something, which is displayed on the top of the chapter. I drew it, yip yip! Wattpad ruined the quality tho. ;-;-;-; rip. Anyway, I'll be on a every week posting update from now on, so no more slow updates! Yay!

So, I'll see all you dudes,in the next chapter! Bu-bye!
(Also, here's a close-up)
(TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE A CAST PLZ)

So, I'll see all you dudes,in the next chapter! Bu-bye! (Also, here's a close-up) (TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE A CAST PLZ)