three

⚠️

"AH!" Jimin falls on top of Mark, the dirt blonde taking his last breaths as the thing has made its way to the side of his neck, pulling out bloodied chunks of skin and muscle. Blood spurts across Jimin's face, his eyes squeezing shut at the impact and a disgusted look casting his face. Jimin is quick to try and wipe away any trace of Mark from his glistening skin with his sleeve, before carefully looking back up to the creature who's caving its way through Marks skin.

'O-Oh God, p-please don't eat me, please don't eat me.' Jimin thinks to himself. The rogue hasn't taken notice of Jimin just yet, so Jimin is idiotic enough to sit there and study it; whilst panicking on the inside of course.

Its veins are extremely prominent on its skin, mixed of bold blues and purples and new blacks. It's like rice paper against coloured electrical wires. Some blisters and boils are scattered on its skin, most of them being a little old and opened, leaving them to become scabby and crusted. This one is much, much skinnier than the one that staunched him, bones slightly peeking through. Jimin notices the open wounds from what could be exit holes from gun shots, like the blown out one on the calf of its leg, or the one on its ribs showing through the shredded hole in its flannel.

Jimin feels sick at the sight of it, he wants to shut his eyes and crawl into a corner but he needs to stay sharp. Jimin also hasn't noticed that Hoseok has actually left him behind, his best friend just abandoning him. The only person who stuck by him in times of need, in times of aid, a person he'd seek advice from, just leaving him to die. Jimin's eyes threaten to spill tears down his puffy cheeks, trying his best to focus on his new task: staying alive.

Out of nowhere, the thing is hit with a metal rod of some sort and a loud clang can be heard through the hall, despite there being students screaming and being attacked. The force of the swing received a crunching noise from the thing, the body going limp next to Mark's. Jimin never took his eyes off the entire scene that just played out in front of him, his mouth agape at who could do such an act.

Jimin looks up to see a breathless Hoseok, rod still up in defence and eyes locked on the thing, scanning for any movements. Standing there for another half a minute Hoseok finally lowers his defence and looks down to where Jimin sits, immediately engulfing him in a hug. The younger is mixed at first, should he be mad? Relieved? Shocked? Happy that he's not alone? Jimin accepts the hug, squeezing tight as if Hoseok is going to be pulled away. His eyes begin to blur, his best friend didn't leave him.

"I'm so fucking glad you're alive." Hoseok breathes out, he pulls away first, hand on Jimin's shoulder and eyes locked into his. "You know I'd never leave you, right?" Hoseok's says, a stupid smile on his face as Jimin nods his head frantically, "I-I know, hyung. I was just s-scared I'll be alone." Jimin softly cries, the thought only now becoming overwhelming for him as he briefly imagines what he could've possibly done without the older.

The two stay in their position for a few more seconds before they come back to reality. Hoseok stands from his previous spot and pushes the two bodies out with his foot, slamming the door and locking it. Also placing a mop through the door handle to hopefully apply more difficulty. Hoseok looks back to the ceiling's opening and instructs Jimin to start heading up. With the makeshift booster still in place Jimin steps onto it and reaches for the opening, pulling himself up with all his strength. Hoseok doesn't take more than 10 seconds (unlike Jimin did) and is up with no trouble, barricading the opening with the flatboard and cement blocks.

They both collapse on the dust ridden floorboards, the sweat in their backs soaking through their thin button ups on the floorboards. Their chests heave with adrenaline, lungs filling with the old musty air. The two lay together like that for a good moment, catching up with themselves before coming to.