Wedding Dress

For my wedding, Genevieve dyed one of her gowns white. I protested against it as she didn't need to ruin her things for me, but she insisted. 

"I won't need it soon enough. I barely use it now." She gestured to herself in the simple gown she wore. "I don't wear anything fancy anymore, nor do I care to. I'm not required to attend pointless balls anymore." She scoffed. "And when you two are married and are officially King and Queen, I'll finally have the chance to leave and lead my own life. I definitely won't need any of this stuff when I'm running free in the prairies." She smiled as she brushed out my wet hair. 

I shook my head. "Is that truly what you want?" 

"To run free for all eternity? Travel the world and experience it all as both a wolf and a human girl? Of course!" She seemed appalled I would think otherwise. "It's been my dream since childhood, always has been, always will be. 

"What about a family?" I asked thoughtfully. 

"I have more than enough time to enjoy myself before even thinking of that. It isn't easy for a werewolf to settle down either. We aren't common enough yet." She said aloud, almost as if she was speaking to herself. "Perhaps, someday there will be enough of us around to create packs with their own Alpha's and we'll be able to choose our own mates and not just be slaves to the Beast. He thinks he has the right to rule all of us." She tightens her jaw. 

"Do you think that there are more like the Beast out there?" I whisper curiously.

"There likely is. The Beast just wants us to think otherwise. Trick us into thinking he's our singular creator and all that." She finally finishes combing my hair. "Now let's try on the dress. I'll bring it in if need be. You have one tiny figure." She teases.

I shyly stand up from the tub, now naked and hit by the hot temperature of the heat again. "Quick before it becomes unbearable." She urges me into the dress and quickly zips up the back. "Hmm." She hums to herself as she spins me around. "Fits a little loose, but we can get away with it as is if you don't care." 

I blush and gaze down at the twirling skirt around me. I never really appreciated dresses all that much before, but this one was clearly more than I ever could afford before. I was never dirt poor, but we certainly weren't rich as royalty and my dresses were often scratchy, boring, or simply an imitation of the truth material a princess would wear. 

"Let's see." I finally conclude. 

She steps out of my way so that I could get in front of the mirror. 

I shyly look up and instantly squeal quietly to myself at what I see in front of me. It was an adorable dress. The shoulders of the dress lay elegantly off the side of my shoulders. The corset waist perfectly accentuated my waist and led to a perfectly full, ivory skirt.

"It used to be yellow, and a little bit of the colour is left over, so I hope you don't mind." Genevieve smiles brightly behind me. 

"Of course not, it's perfect." My cheeks are rosy red with happiness. My cheeks even hurt. 

For a second, I forget everything. 

"Here, gloves would be perfect." Genevieve skitters away to her closet and rummages through her messy wardrobe. She runs back excitedly and reveals the perfect silk gloves to match. "How about a tiara?" She exclaims before I even have them on. 

"Oh, gosh, you're spoiling me!" I laugh. 

"Why not, sister?" She giggles, pulling me into a side hug. 

In that second, I looked forward to my rushed, tiny wedding.

After much waiting, and another ice bath and more soup, Carlos finally knocked on the door again. "Genevieve! Arrangements are made, but can you please come out?" 

The flame in my core ignites at the sound of his voice and I growl angrily as I slide deeper into the bath once again. 

"Shut up! You're triggering Charlotte!" Genevieve screeches. She races to the door in her usual hyper manner and is out before I even hear the door open. 

I tune out the voices the best I can by humming loudly until the conversation is over. 

When Genevieve returns, she's unable to stop her excessive grin. "He brought something for you." 

I open my eyes a peak. "Well, let's have it." I smirk in amusement. 

"A necklace for the wedding." She pulls out a large square box, and hands it to me. I flip the velvet box open in a milisecond, revealing a sapphire gem nestled at the end of a charming, yet simple chain. How did he know my taste so well?

My mouth is open without my knowledge. "It's..." I whisper. "Enchanting." 

"Like you!" Carlos shouts from the other side of the door. 

I growl immediately, tossing the box into Genevieve's hands before plugging my ears. "Oh God! Carlos!" Compliments have been instantly proven to be too much. 

He laughs but leaves me in peace with a laughing Genevieve. 

"Now, let's get you caught up on the wedding." She dives in as soon as his footsteps can't be heard. "We will have a tiny, but an official ceremony with just the three of us and the staff who know about me that are female. Then, afterwards, Carlos will announce the real wedding so that the rest of the Kingdom can attend." 

"So, I will have to do two weddings? One real so that I can get out of this mess -" I gesture down at myself. "-and another fake, princess-worthy one." 

"No, no." She laughs. "A Queen worthy one - and what do you mean? Have to do two weddings? Lucky girl, you get to have two weddings!" 

I sigh, already exhausted from the excitement ahead. "Alright, I'll do it just to have you at one of them."