Arc 2 Chapter 28: Intermission?

"So are you ok? That looked pretty painful from where I was standing. Is there anything I can do to help? I could carry you? Hug you?"

"Still no. Why don't you go bother a different woman?" Adrenna sighed out. "Please go bother a different woman."

"You know, if you gave in and accepted him I woudn't have to hear this every day," Damien explained while rubbing the bridge of his nose.

The three of them were all advancing towards Basic Spells. Since Ranger had met Adrenna, he'd made a point of walking Damien and Adrenna both from Advanced Combat to Basic Spells, regardless of the fact that he, in fact, did not have Basic spells and that his class was, in fact, on the exact other side of the building.

Most days Damien just laughed it off.

"You're right, it would be worse," she responded. "He'd touch me the whole time."

"No no," Damien said with a grin. "You'd be with him constantly from that point onward. Obviously, I couldn't bear to keep you two apart, I'd gift you to him. If you truly want to help me out it's what you would do."

"My Master is so cruel," Adrenna said in a monotone voice.

Ranger gave Damien a thumbs up from the other side of Adrenna as she shuddered. Flirt as he may, the man always kept a respectable distance from her and never touched her. Only fussed over her whenever she was particularly rattled from Advanced Combat.

"Don't worry buddy. I'll get Enna soon enough. If she really hated me, she'd try to injure me somehow during class," he said with a grin. "Don't you remember when Jorel made a pass at her?"

Damien smiled at that. The Minotaur, Jorel, had found her abrasive attitude appealing in his own way. He'd made a pass at her in more than a bit off-putting way and demanded Damien hand over her slave rights so he could 'bed her'. Apparently, the gesture of hip thrusting and breathing deeply was extremely flattering and 'cute' in their culture, but to Adrenna herself it was more than a little disturbing. Especially when some of his spittle had flown and landed on her arm.

Feeling that she was justified in acting in self-defense, Adrenna had kicked the man where no man should be kicked. It was his own fault for not understanding the difference in cultures, Damien had explained.

Ironically enough, Damien had come very close to that same fate himself earlier this morning. He was feeling particularly down as a result of it.

"I don't think not kicking you in the nuts is an indication of her affection," Damien replied, turning to face his grinning friend. "In fact based on what little I know about her I think that just means she's never gotten the chance."

"It's better than nothing!" Ranger said with a wide smile as he met Damien's gaze. "Have an excellent class, I'll see you during break my muse," he finished, blowing kisses to the black-eyed, pale, and white-haired Brinter.

"Alright alright get gone," Damien said, making a shooing motion as Adrenna rolled her eyes and moved for the classes door, opening it up for Damien.

Ranger cocked his head and smiled wider as Adrenna turned around, looking at Damien and simultaneously ignoring Ranger's face.

Damien shook his head as he moved into the classroom.

"Damien! Perfect timing," Mr. Feival called out.

Damien wanted to sigh. Even if he was planning on talking to the man himself today, that didn't mean he wanted instant, loud conversation.

He glanced around and noticed most of the class hadn't shown up yet today. Looking back towards Feival, the Human was moving in his direction.