Arc 2 Chapter 31: Angry Hippies

"Stop him," Kastra said, dodging another pillar of stone that shot out of the ground toward her while directing her voice via sound magic into Alexa's ear.

"I would if I could!" Alexa yelled back.

She wasn't exactly adept with the magic yet.

Kastra flit around the pillar through the air and covered her body in a shimmering field, disappearing moments later from the battlefield.

She began darting towards where Feival and Alexa were trading blows, dodging in between all the trees and roots being summoned ensnare her. The man shouldn't have a way of knowing where she was, yet if she were to stop moving forward at this point they'd collapse on her and it would be over.

One finally shot in from a blind spot at her side and nicked her arm, drawing blood and dropping the illusion she'd cast upon herself to go invisible. It hadn't been all that useful anyway.

She ignored it and continued toward where she could feel Alexa and him still exchanging blows.

Alexa was struggling, that much was apparent from the bond. The man was holding back less than he usually did and the fact that these plants stayed for so long after he stopped controlling them only made it that much harder to deal with. Most magic disappeared within a few seconds and you didn't have to worry about it again. Forms of magic involving plants, however, could stay for up to an hour and always posed a threat afterward.

Finally, she burst out the other side of the maze the man had made and immediately had to throw up a shield as a plethora of small rocks glanced off of it and shot into the air around her.

Taking a moment to asses the situation, Kastra once again saw Alexa throwing up barrier of water after barrier of water to block out random attacks from a giant monster Feival had created.

The man himself stood around a hundred feet away in between the trees with Damien right next to him. Damien once again launched a few pillars of stone and some fire magic towards Alexa as she put her all into drawing a large wave of water in between herself and another overhead strike from the plant monster.

Kastra quickly intercepted Damien's attack with a shimmering barrier of her own, Fae in nature, just as Alexa solidified the water into ice and the monsters large fist slammed down onto it, sending cracks all along its surface. Kastra's barrier intercepted each of Damien's strikes and absorbed the energy thrown into it, glowing a bright red in spots the fire struck and green where a pillar struck. The green spot moved quickly to intercept the second pillar and when it struck, it grew in size. It moved again to intercept the third pillar and disappeared outward in a burst of energy, sending the stone back toward Damien. Similar to that, the areas that had grown red from his flames shot a heated blast of flame back at him.

Feival scowled and created a barrier of his own for Damien before shooting out another maze spell that Kastra would have to work through.

The creatures large fist slammed down a second time on Alexa's barrier and shattered it completely, causing her to dive to the side and convert that ice into a plethora of ice spikes and water lances. She shot them all into Feival's direction, capitalizing on the brief moment he was distracted.

Kastra moved to attack as well, shooting some silver flame of her own toward the man while reaching toward Damien's mind with her magic again.

Large roots burst from the ground with a shower of dirt covering their exit point, shrouding Feival and protecting him from their salvo. She watched on as the teacher took a gamble, choosing to ignore her attempt at meddling with the parasite this time and instead launching his own counterattack to end the fight as his defensive spells went up.