FFE | Home for Awhile

FFE | Home For Awhile

The beautiful transition from winter to spring is what made him feel so alive. He enjoyed the nice weather and the colorful aesthetics that came with spring arriving. It was the middle of May, the summer being right around the corner. He hasn't visited his family in so long since New Years, and he missed them deeply. Trisha, his mother, would call him ever so often to see how he was doing. He noticed the sadness in her voice when she called him yesterday. It's clear that the family missed him, so he decided to surprise them.

"Zayn!" Safaa was the first one to hug her brother the moment she opened the front door for him. The sister hadn't even gave him a chance to settle in all the way. She really missed him.

"Safaa please, let me walk in first," Zayn chuckled, carrying his bags and placing them to the side. He smiled at his little sister, deciding to bring her in a big hug. "How you been? I missed you."

"I missed you more Z," Safaa breathed out in happiness, soon pulling away. "Why haven't you visit us sooner?"

"I've been busy with school. College isn't a joke," he tells her.

"How are you're grades?" She asks him curiously, wondering how well he has been surviving college.

"I have a 4.0 gpa, I think my grades are pretty fine," Zayn shrugs, a bit of cockiness in his tone.

"Nerd," Safaa mumbles rolling her eyes.

Zayn placed his hand on his chest in shock, as if he was really offended, "Wow, I'm the nerd?"

"Yeah, you've always been one," Safaa hums pinching his cheek playfully.

"It feels great that you think of me that way," Zayn remarked sarcastically.

"Much love," Safaa smiled giving him another hug.

Soon enough, the members of the Malik household came down to greet the beloved son of the family that they truly missed. Zayn was showered with welcoming kisses and flooded with questions on how he was doing in school. Zayn's father, Yaser Malik, was very proud of how well Zayn was handling college. He honestly wanted to know where Zayn was at mentally and emotionally. Zayn was almost a reflection of his father. All he wanted to do is make sure that Yaser was pleased of what he did and what he will soon become—because Zayn admired him dearly.

"I'm so glad you're here sonshine," the mother had smiled. "How long are you staying?"

"For a while," he tells her with a happy tone in his voice—boy, he was glad to be back.

"How long will that be?" Doniya, his older sister, had asked him.

"Couple weeks, or few months I suppose," he shrugs. "I want to spend as much time with you all before I go back to school in the fall."

"So, technically you're gonna be around for the summer?" Doniya clarifies.

"Pretty much," Zayn nodded leaning back onto the couch.

Doniya rolled her eyes. "You could've just said that stupid."

"Shut up ugly face," Zayn replied back.

"Hey now," Trisha stopped her kids before they started to go on and on about it each other. "You two know my rules about fussing with each other."

"Sorry," the two apologized at the same time.

"Anyway, I'm happy that you're gonna be staying around," Trisha looked at her son with a happy look in her eyes.

"Oh by the way, they turned your room into an office," Doniya blurted out.

Zayn gave his mother a look as she began to scratch her head trying to look away, "Mum really?"

"We didn't have enough room for everything!" Trisha exclaimed.

"What a shame," Zayn shook his head.

"You can sleep on the couch?" She suggest, trying to ease everything up.

"Like that makes me feel any better," Zayn mumbles. "How could you and papa do that?"

"Hey, after you graduated you took all of your stuff with you. Your room was practically empty," Doniya shrugged.

"You guys didn't know that I would be back?" Zayn questioned with a scoff.

Doniya rolled her eyes for the second time, "I don't live here anymore genius."

"I don't either idiot," Zayn replied back sassily.

"Hey," Trisha interjected. "What did I say?"

"Sorry," the siblings apologized at the same time once again.

"I'm sorry Zayn about your room, okay? I didn't want to hurt your feelings or anything," Trisha apologized sincerely.

"It's fine, most of my things are at my apartment anyway. Plus, I have a friend that lives in this area and he said that I could stay over if needed to," Zayn explained to his mother so she would stop worrying.

"Okay, that works as well," Trisha sighs. "I'm so excited that you're going to be around."

Zayn smiled and placed a gentle kiss on his mother's cheek, "Me too," he said back.

-

NEW BOOK ! HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS FLUFFY & CUTE STORY 💙 .

author's note :
- if you don't know already , i have a book called "The Mansion" that i wrote last summer . the main female character is special , but she isn't diagnosed with autism . if you have been around you know that i have a few zayn malik books where i have portray him as an autistic young man / or boy .

this idea has been in my head for a while & im gonna see how this turns out . so im switching the game up a little bit . the main female character in this story will be autistic .

warning you ahead of time — the main male character (who is clearly zayn) is a character who is going to change over throughout the story . he is going to be the one who goes through character development as i like to call it .

also there will be scenes that discriminate against one racially as well as discriminating an individual that has a disability . so read those parts at your own risk . another thing is that this story is going to have some mild language as well .

MORE PARTS TO COME !! ☺️

vote/comment
- BookOfBandz