FFE | Temporary Goodbyes

Time. A concept that many folks debate about. Some people believed that you couldn't take control of it, but others thought otherwise. Time was something that could be valuable or could be wasted. Us people don't take it seriously unless something important is on the line, and be honest, we all go do it. In this particular situation, time was something that would always be cherished. Two lovebirds in particular made sure that they spent it wisely. With the saying 'time flies' had applied to Zayn and Ellie. Just in the matter of weeks summer was over.

Zayn had his car parked in front of his home with close people around. Everything he had at Daila's apartment was already in there, but he decided to stop by at his family's place so he could say his goodbyes to everybody.

His mother was of course very emotional that her son was leaving, but was comforted by her daughters and her husband. Miss Deloris had gave him some food as a goodbye present. Gregg, Daila, and Zendaya had even stopped by to say their goodbyes too.

He appreciated the love, he really did. This was a distraction because there was something in the back of his head that was bothering him. Yet, he put on a smile and had his moment with all these lovely people.

"Please be careful sonshine," his mother had stressed wiping her wet face with her hands. "And call me too so I can know that you are safe."

"I will mum, don't worry," Zayn assured his mother by kissing her on the forehead.

"So, you're coming back for fall break?" Asked his father.

"Most definitely," the son nodded.

"Okay good, now be safe. I gotta go comfort your mother because she's a mess," Yaser snickered shaking his head. He remembers the first time Zayn went off to college. Boy, was that woman a wreck.

Zayn brought his old man into a tight hug, murmuring loving words in Arabic before pulling away, "Take care of mum, please."

"That's I married her," Yaser jokes.

Next thing you know Trisha turned around, a soft frown on her face as she looked at her husband, "I heard that Yaser."

"Oop, I gotta go," Yaser grimaced before he turned to his wife, calming her down and taking her inside the house along with his daughters following after.

"Alright brodie, I'll catch you on the flip side," Daila and Zayn did their handshake before bringing each other into a hug.

"Bye Zayn, it was really nice meeting you," Zendaya gave him his hug, then saying. "Good luck with school."

"Thank you, and good luck taking care of that idiot," Zayn grins, then laughing at Daila who had cursed at him underneath his breath.

"You don't have to worry about a thing," Zendaya laughs, then looking at her man. "Ain't that right baby?"

"Yeah," Daila blushed with a nod. And after that, the cute couple said their last goodbyes before they left.

"Now Zayn, you betta' not let that food go to waste. I put some good lovin' in it," Miss Deloris says with a warning, yet playful tone in her smooth voice.

"I'll be sure not to Miss Deloris," Zayn chuckles running a hand through his hair.

"Good, now come gimme a hug baby," Miss Deloris encouraged, motioning him over.

Zayn blushed and walked over to the woman so he could wrap her up in his arms and squeeze her tight, "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too," the black woman gave him a squeeze before she pulled away, looking into his eyes. "You're a good guy Zayn, like really. Seeing that my daughter is happy with you makes my heart swell. For that, I give you my full blessing honey. And I hope you visit me soon."